Tianjin (Beijing) China

RetiredFL

We sail from the above port and will go there from Beijing by private transportation.

Does anyone know if there are any shops near the port to pick up soft drinks, snacks, wine, etc. Do they take credit cards.

We need to provision our room a bit for the cruise.

Thanks

Retired... the ship is docked at Xingang pier. Tianjin's city center is about a 25 minute drive from the pier. Tianjin is a wonderful city with lots of stores and shop and some very interesting sights, too. If you're going by private transport, you might ask your driver where you can stop for soft drinks and snacks. Although, we were there in 2006, I don't recall there was much by the terminal.

Sandy

This is a great call, especially the trip into Beijing. But the port itself is the most industrial you can imagine. Xingang is not a place I'd recommend spending time nor is there shopping I saw.

If you're touring independently, I'd suggest having them stop at a store in route near a major city instead. Our independent tour was extremely flexible and would have helped us shop I'm sure, had we asked.

In case there's any doubt, plan on spending 2 full days in Beijing with an overnight in the city. I can't imagine doing this in a day trip given the distance and traffice involved in the transfer.

Archived