Mother's Day on a cruise

Krazeniq

I am booked on a cruise which coincidentally happens to include Mother's Day and I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to do something very special and unforgettable for my Mom (she is cruising with me). Has anyone out there spent Mother's Day on a cruise before? Does the cruise offer anything or do they do anything special for all the Mothers on board? Have you spent Mother's Day on a cruise with your Mom, what did you do for her? Or as a Mother, what did your kids do (or could they do) for you on a cruise that is unforgettable and special? All suggestions and ideas are welcome :o My Mom is the best and I really want to do something awesome for her! Thank you in advance for all your suggestions :p

Last year I cruised over Mother's Day on Princess to Alaska with my sister and mom. I ordered a bouquet of flowers and chocolate covered strawberries that were waiting in the stateroom when we arrived -- my only regret is that I didn't have my camera out when we opened the door! It turns out that sometimes it's okay to make your momma cry...;)

Then on Mother's Day proper we surprised her with the Champagne Breakfast -- it was SOOO much fun. It was such a warm and loving and wonderful trip and one that none of us will ever forget. (Though I honestly have NO idea how I can top it this year...:confused: I maybe am in for some big-time trouble, huh??)

The ship didn't do much to celebrate but there were displays and flowers at the buffets and in the dining rooms. And our room steward brought a card and a hug for 'Momma Fran' which absolutely made her day.

Sorry this turned into such a book -- suffice it to say it was just that special. I bet you'll get lots more stories and suggestions and will find a way to show your mom how much you love her.

Becca

Our May 2006 cruise was over Mother's Day.

It's been DD & I on our own since she was 3, and she graduates from college in May (I'm surprising her with a cruise from San Juan as a graduation present).

What was nice was that they seated us with 2 other mother/daughter pairs, and we all ended up in one of the clubs one night, dancing. There were many mother/child combos on that cruise. I didn't book it especially for that, but it was just the timing (her birthday is usually just before Mother's Day as well).

Carnival didn't do anything "special" for Mother's Day that I noticed, but I just am not into all the contrived "holidays" anyway.

For me, just being with my daughter is enough, whether it's over a holiday or not. For the first time, I have a cruise booked (December) and don't know if she'll be sailing with me. :(

What I did for my mom for Mother's Day (and, I tease her, her birthday, and every holiday for about the next 5 years! :) ) was take her on a cruise with me!

I was sailing with a group (some members of a community chorus I belong to) and joined up late enough to preclude finding a roommate from within the group. So I figured that if I was going to have to pay twice the fare (due to the single supplement), I may as well take someone with me. The cruise was in May - why not Mom? All I asked her to pay was her airfare from WI to CT (we had a bus to take the whole group from CT to NYC) and any onboard expenses.

After we got back, Shutterfly had a special offer on their photo books (all I had to pay was shipping), so I put together a book of pictures from our trip and sent it to her for her birthday.

I'm taking my mom on a cruise which happens to leave on Mother's Day. I "gave" her this trip as a Christmas present, made her a gift basket with some travel sized "gourmet" bath and body products for her birthday (last week) and my TA included some extras, from which I selected wine and roses for the stateroom when we embark.

I am also going to order either a wine and cheese tray or strawberries and champagne, or both,:D for our cabin.

I really want to make this special for her.

I, too, would welcome any other ideas from fellow CCers.

Archived