Snorkeling ?

travel1

My wife & I are on the Galaxy, Dec 30th. We love to snorkel. We have bad, and o.k. experiences with the various ship's excursions. I read on this board that the Cat. sail & snorkel out of Cozumel was bad. Has anyone tried other

snorkel trips either off the dock, or ship arranged excursions at Cozumel. How about at Costa Maya, or Puerto Limon.

First--please allow me to welcome you to the boards. Its a great site for people looking for information for anything at all to do with your cruise.

Please check out the port of calls board for your questions concerning your ports. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5

not very many people venture to the top of cruise critic and your post could not be answered by as many people then if you visited the right place. Good luck.

You don't need to go out on an excursion boat to get to good snorkeling in Cozumel. In fact the easiest thing would be to go to Chankanaab National Park which has palapas (big palm frond umbrellas, chaise longues, lagoons, restaurants and a swim with the dolphins program. It's especially good for people who don't snorkel very often. Any taxi can take you there, but negotiate the cost up front.

Here's a link to more than a cruise passenger could ever do in one day of shore snorkeling on Cozumel. I agree with the writer that south shore snorkeling is much better--easier to get in the water and more to see.

http://www.cozumelmycozumel.com/Pages/SnorkelingfromShore.htm

Archived