Fury Catamaran

thegpars

Has anyone ever went on the Fury.. it looks fun.. It says for cruisers to book directly with the ship, but it is cheaper through them....

It's a party cruise, and you can snorkel if you want. The emphasis is definitely not on snorkeling though, if that is what you are more interested in doing.

We just booked this for our cruise in April. I did book through the cruise ship just for the ease of it. I am sure I paid a little more than booking privately but I felt more comfortable just doing it through the ship. It sounds like it will be a great time. We can't wait!

The emphasis is certainly on the booze, not the snorkeling! If you're cool with that, then you'll like it fine. The crew are very pleasant and eager to please, but I found the snorkeling mediocre at best. The "site" we were taken to was about 50 feet from a cruise ship!

We had the best time on this excursion last June! We rode on the catamaran for about 30-40 minutes to the south end of the island. The crew served water and talked about the island. We got to the snorkel site, and after instructions, we snorkeled for app. 45 min. Just enough for a first timer. Saw lots of colorful fish, but the coral was damaged from recent hurricanes. We then left for a private beach, and the beer, margaritas, and music were all cranked up! We stayed at the beach for an hour, and it had the coolest hammocks. Water trampoline, kayaks, and rafts were available also. Then we got on the boat and headed back. That was when the party started! Line dancing in the Caribbean Ocean, with a margarita in one hand, camera in the other, trying not to fall over my own feet! The waves were a little rough coming back...but it was FUN!!

• 6 months later...

Can you buy food or snacks at the beach?

Are there clean restrooms on board & at the beach?

And is there any shade?

We reserved this with Royal C for Jan. but just want to make sure about the creature comforts!

I agree. DO NOT take this excursion if you are serious about snorkeling. It is a joke. They herd you down the steps into the water while you are bumping into one another and unless they take you to a reef (which most don't) you won't see anything but sand. So you bob in the water for about 20 minutes and then they herd you back up the stairs. The boat ride was fun and so was the beach. But definately not for snorkeling.

We went on the Deluxe Sail, Snorkel & Beach Party in Cozumel through Carnival Legend. The sail was fun and the snorkeling was fine. Yes there were others in the water but we went to a reef and the fish were plentiful. It was nowherre near the cruise ship. Maybe there are different sites they visit. You can jump off the side of the boat if you like. Otherwise yes everyone walks down the steps to the water. Actually quite convenient. The guides would dive to the bottom and cast out some type of food for the fish and they would swarm. They also would wave the food in front of our masks and fish would be everywhere. Maybe not a natural occurance but it sure attracted the colorful fish. Once the snorkeling was over it was free beers and margaritas the rest of the trip. The crews job is to be sure you have one in each hand the rest of the time. 1/2 hour sail to private beach where beers and margaratis are available on the beach again at no extra cost. Beach is great. Could have stayed there all day. Only cost is for burgers on beach if you want one. 1 hour on beach then back to sailboat for 1/2 hour back to port. Dancing, beers and margarits on deck. Crew does an excellent job of getting everone up dancing. If you are looking to snorkel all day look elsewhere. If you are looking for a little snorkeling, a little beach time and some fun on a sail boat try it. My only complaint was ended too soon for me. Oh yeah and tip the crew. They work hard to make it fun.

Archived