PCC - Am I Asking Too Much???

ger_77

Rita, PCC's don't work on commission at all. They are regular salaried employees. I like this as I know he will do his best for my small cruise as he will for a world cruise becasue he gets paid the same regardless of the cost of my cruise.

Not quite. As I understand it, the PCC's do make a commission, but I think unless they are seriously on top of their game it's a supplement to their income, not the majority of their income.

And unless there's maybe 1 or 2 agents in the North Dakota office (almost positive there isn't) they are all in Seattle, just not at the HQ.

Not quite. As I understand it, the PCC's do make a commission, but I think unless they are seriously on top of their game it's a supplement to their income, not the majority of their income.

I was told it was very small.

Sounds like a wonderful experience.

For us, Eurodam in March; Maasdam in June and August. :)

Will you write a review here of your Antartica? Or post a link..... please??

I am hoping to do so. Btw, it was a Swan Hellenic ship.

I went through the same thing. I had had my PCC for over 4 years and she decided Seattle was not the place for her. I got another one and found she was just too slow. Then the supervisor called me and gave me the name of another PCC. She also said my new PCC would get in touch with me that same day. I waited two weeks and then took matters into my own hands. I got in touch with my old PCC and asked her what to do. She forwarded my email and next thing ya know, I got an email from my new PCC. For now I am satisfied but this is nowhere near what I am used to. I always had prompt responses to my emails and questions. I miss that. Seattle's loss is Tucson's gain.

It really is heartwarming to see so many people in my corner - thanks for your support. When I returned home after work today there were no emails or telephone calls from my PCC, so I picked up the telephone and called for Lance English. I left a message on his answering machine, asking him to call and discuss our cruise. I know it's late in the day, and I likely won't have a reply until Monday, but what's 3 more days after all the time I've waited already.

caltnl or Jade13, will you please email me and perhaps give me your name so I can refer to it when I speak to Lance? I told him on the message that he was recommended to me by a friend on the Cruise Critic boards - it would be nice to be able to tell him who the friend was. You can email me at ger underscore 77 at yahoo dot com ; just put Cruise Critic friend in the message line.

I will keep you posted - thank you again everyone for backing me up.

Smooth Sailing! :):):)

Gerry

I find it amazing that so many will go to such great lengths to deal with a HAL PCC. I've done it twice but only because of promotions that had to be done that way. I had no major problems but they also weren't inspiring. If they don't want your direct business take it elsewhere and dilute their profit.

I've never dealt face-to-face with a TA in my life, but I've had some awfully close relationships with them over the years...

So, personally I don't think there's any overriding benefit to dealing face-to-face with a TA. You can get superior service just as well over the phone and via email...

Blue skies ...

--rita

Rita:

Also.... didn't you comment the other night in a thread that you have recently become a brand new TA? Did I misunderstand what you wrote?

Yes, she did mention that. I am betting she does not work in a brick and mortar agency. Any takers?

Wow, WOw, WOW! A mere 45 minutes after leaving a message on his answering machine, Lance English returned my call. He went over things with me, advised me on several matters, told me about the visa procedures, and generally calmed the waters. He's gooood. :)

I told him he was recommended by friends on Cruise Critic and he said that was a high form of compliment to him and he certainly appreciated the reference.

In case people are wondering, the reason I went with a PCC in the first place is because I booked a small group of people (7 couples) and was speaking with the PCC we had used in the past with great success. When she left, I didn't want to go with a local TA because I didn't want to lose any of the perks we had spoken about - the Tour Conductor credit, the GAP points, etc., as well as possible upgrades, etc. I wanted to deal directly with Holland America, rather than having a third party involved, and having to wait for answers, etc. Who knew!?!

After our conversation, I am happy with Lance English and his services and will email my 2nd PCC advising him that I would like to have my file turned over to Mr. English. He said he would work "in tandem" with the other PCC, but that I was to feel free to call him if I had any other questions. Thank you to Jade13 and caltnl for your recommendations, they were greatly appreciated! Once again thanks to everyone for your support.

Smooth Sailing! :):):)

Gerry

Why is it apparently allowed to post the name of a HAL PCC on these boards when it is forbidden to post the name of a TA or agency...Aren't they in competition with each other for bookings?

I have been surprised at this as well, mostly since I was scolded in the past for offering to email the name of my PCC. There are at least 3 other posters on this thread (including me) that might have wanted to name a particular PCC but felt it was against the rule. In the end, the customer is happy, so I guess everything is ok.

Rich

[FONT=Comic Sans MS]Thanks Jim, yes, we're much more comfortable with the way things are going now. DH turned to me after I hung up the phone and said "When Momma's not happy, nobody's happy; I'm so glad you're happy again." As an aside, how's your recup. and rehab.? Are you pretty much back to 100% again?[/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS]Re: naming the PCC, I didn't name the person who I had been dealing with, I simply restated the name that was given to me as a contact. If there is a problem with this, I apologize, and am sure the moderators will contact me. I can't go into the posts any more to delete the new PCC's name, but I'm pretty certain the mods. can do it for me.[/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS]Smooth Sailing! :):):)[/FONT]

I received a letter with a business card from a Holland American Cruise consultant back in January 13th, 2009. I was interested in a cruise and being that it is going to be my first cruise I had a lot of questions. I sent an e-mail to her and received no reply what-so-ever. I then was put in touch with a TA and through many e-mails and a couple of phone calls I am booked for January 4th 2010. I then sent for a DVD from Holland America as I still am very curious as to what to expect. I then received a phone call from the same person at Holland America that I had received the letter from. This was yesterday Feb. 20th. She was vey rude telling me that this was the first contact she had made with me and had never received my e-mail and proceeded to hang up on me. I was not impressed and will probably always go to my TA for information.

[quote name='ger_77'][FONT=Comic Sans MS]In case people are wondering, the reason I went with a PCC in the first place is because I booked a small group of people (7 couples) and was speaking with the PCC we had used in the past with great success. When she left, I didn't want to go with a local TA because I didn't want to lose any of the perks we had spoken about - the Tour Conductor credit, the GAP points, etc., as well as possible upgrades, etc.[/FONT][/QUOTE]Just for the record, those are HAL group bennies. You don't lose them no matter who you book with.

But, hey, if you feel better dealing with a HAL PCC, by all means, that's exactly what you should do.

Blue skies ...

--rita

[quote name='ger_77'][FONT=Comic Sans MS]In case people are wondering, the reason I went with a PCC in the first place is because I booked a small group of people (7 couples) and was speaking with the PCC we had used in the past with great success. [/FONT][/quote]
[FONT=Verdana]I’m glad you got this sorted out with a more committed PCC. I sincerely hope that HAL recognizes the value of a client who is bringing 7 cabins to them & treats you accordingly. Not just with tangible perks but with genuine respect in your dealings with their PCC. In my view, the experience that you initially described is not acceptable for any company who hopes to retain customer loyalty. [/FONT]

[QUOTE=sail7seas;18231761Also.... didn't you comment the other night in a thread that you have recently become a brand new TA? Did I misunderstand what you wrote?
[/B][/QUOTE]
I wasn't disputing anything you said ... just adding my comment that I've never even shopped for a TA locally. I've always used long-distance ones in the past.

As for my being a new TA ... I don't recall specifically saying that ... though it's not necessarily untrue. I just have to be very careful what I say on these boards due to CC community guidelines.

Blue skies ...

--rita

[quote name='ger_77'][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Wow, WOw, WOW! A mere 45 minutes after leaving a message on his answering machine, Lance English returned my call. He went over things with me, advised me on several matters, told me about the visa procedures, and generally calmed the waters. He's gooood. :)[/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS]I told him he was recommended by friends on Cruise Critic and he said that was a high form of compliment to him and he certainly appreciated the reference. [/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS]After our conversation, I am happy with Lance English and his services and will email my 2nd PCC advising him that I would like to have my file turned over to Mr. English. He said he would work "in tandem" with the other PCC, but that I was to feel free to call him if I had any other questions. Thank you to Jade13 and caltnl for your recommendations, they were greatly appreciated! Once again thanks to everyone for your support.[/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS]Smooth Sailing! :):):)[/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS]Gerry[/FONT][/quote]

Gerry,

Great. I just saw your messages which was why I did not answer.

If he is "working in tandem" it's because the other TA is probably getting the small commission/bonus but I was always told it was such a small amount of his salary that he was not worried. I think he's more happy to get approval on CC since Seattle reads these boards. Lance is the best and I'm glad you have everything worked out.

[quote name='kryos']As for my being a new TA ... I don't recall specifically saying that ... though it's not necessarily untrue. I just have to be very careful what I say on these boards due to CC community guidelines.

Blue skies ...

--rita[/quote]

I recall your specifically saying that. You were defending a travel agent who had failed to make final payment. We disagreed on this thread: [URL]http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=921244&page=2[/URL]
[quote name='kryos']Actually I'm a brand new TA ... but I can't advertise that fact on CC. It's against community rules.

Blue skies ...

--rita[/quote]You can advertise the fact that you are a travel agent. I would even encourage you to put it in your signature. You are breaking the rules by having your contact information in your user info.

[LIST]
[*]About kryos
[*]Location Philadelphia, PA, USA
[*]Interests Writing and Publishing
[*]Occupation Computer Operations Supervisor
[*]Signature** No Advertising Allowed
[*][COLOR=DarkRed][FONT=Arial Black][B]Email me at [EMAIL="kry.os@verizon.net"]kry*os@*****.net[/EMAIL][/B][/FONT][/COLOR]
[/LIST]

"[B]Travel Agents[/B]
"Travel agents (and their associates, employees or designated representative) are encouraged to participate in the discussions on the Cruise Board and establish themselves as experts on a particular topic by responding to members' inquiries with useful answers.

"In doing so, you are welcome to sign your name and note your professional business. You may not use your business name as your Cruise Critic user name. You may sign your posts with your first name only. You may not list your phone number, business location (city or state), web site address, contact info or e-mail address. You may not include your location and/or website address in your Cruise Critic profile. Responding to member's inquiries on the boards with an ad for your services is not allowed. Only items of a general nature may be discussed on the forums by any travel agent."

[URL]http://www.cruisecritic.com/community/guide.cfm[/URL]

Archived