how is the kid's menu on the Carribbean Princess?

lssg

The kids menu from Princess is pretty good - I often order from it on French night.

They have spaghetti and meatballs, maccroni and cheese, hamburgers/cheeseburgers and fries, chicken fingers and a few more items. I often order the spaghetti and meatballs.

One strange caveat. We were just on the Voyager. The kids could only order grilled cheese sandwiches with 24 hours notice! My kids didn't really care that much, and didn't want to preorder without knowing what the adult menu would be the next day (they're big lobster, shrimp and steak fans). So we stuck with those things and the chicken nuggets or mac & cheese (or everyday steak) on the off days. I know this was RCCL, but notice I don't see it listed on Princess' kids menu either!

Essentially, if you can describe what your kids would like to eat, they'll make it for you. I had ordered steamed rice and steamed vegetables and french fries in the dining room for my kids and they made them quickly and they were so well-made! They even provided rice milk and wheat-free bread for us during breakfast because my 2YO DS was allergic to milk and eggs. So you do not have to worry about food at all sailing with Princess.

My son did not have any allergic reactions while eating in their dining rooms. So I would suggest if your child has food allergies, do not eat in the buffet, eat all your meals in the dining rooms so you can specify what you want your child to eat.

The Princess kids' menu is printed on one big page with activities on it (not unlike a Denny's kids' menu). I remember getting several different pages--the same menu but different activities printed. The activities are slightly difficult for my 4YO, they are more appropriate for 6-9YOs. The thing is that the dining room did not provide any crayons, pens, or markers, so there wasn't anything for your child to write with unless you bring your own writing instrument. I wrote that on their comments questionnaire on our last cruise, hopefully Princess will have done something about by now.

Like I said before, they have the best chicken fingers around (on the kids' menu) and my kids just love the alphabet soup on the kids' menu.

HTH.

Archived