Chef's Table

Lawingnutz

Cruising on the Diamond Princess in July on an Alaska Cruise.

How do you go about getting to sit at the Chef's Table?

Does it cost extra, how much?

Share your secrets.

Use the search functionality for this one. There is a new thread on this every two days...

Use the search functionality for this one. There is a new thread on this every two days...

Thanks for your very constructive response :( Just skip the threads that annoy you.

To the OP: The Chef's Table does cost extra (about $75/person) and it seems to vary by ship as to how to sign up. Hopefully, others will chime in as to their specific experiences.

Almost everyone who has done the Chef's Table seems to thinks it's well worth the expense. We hope to be able to experience it some day!

Thanks for your very constructive response :( Just skip the threads that annoy you.

To the OP: The Chef's Table does cost extra (about $75/person) and it seems to vary by ship as to how to sign up. Hopefully, others will chime in as to their specific experiences.

Almost everyone who has done the Chef's Table seems to thinks it's well worth the expense. We hope to be able to experience it some day!

I wasn't writing it to be rude - simply telling the OP that there are multiple threads where this is discussed at length and that they won't have to wait for everyone's response/option because it is already there. Search is the best way to navigate these boards...

I agree with the above poster. the search engine is a wonderful tool. I think though that the Diamond does not have the Chefs Table yet. There are a few ships out there that will get it sometime this year but I am not sure when the Diamond does. I have not read anyone sailing on the Diamond that has gone to the Chefs Table.

Marilyn

Guess you haven't read Host Caroline's sticky about not doing this to people.

It really doesn't help anyone to simply post "do a search" so why bother posting on the thread?

To the OP, the cost is $75 per person and though I haven't done it yet, everyone has said that you need to sign up as soon as you board. Call the Dine line and put your name in. Others have also suggested going to the dining room. Whatever you do, make sure to make it a priority to sign up as soon as you board.

...How do you go about getting to sit at the Chef's Table?...

Book a different cruise! Chef's table won't be on the Diamond by then. :D

But to answer your question, it's easier to be platinum or elite as you get on the ship faster and get higher on the list.

Other things that we did that helped us is 1) we became friends with the maitre d' and mentioned we were on the list and 2) we wrote a letter to caption mentioning that we were on the Star "fire cruise" with him and that we were on the list.

We participated in BOTH the chef's table AND ultimate ship tour (Ruby only)that cruise!

Gotta do all you can! :cool:

If you can get in, it's really a wonderful experience, and as a world-class cheapskate, at $75 I can tell you it's worth every penny!

If you're not lucky enough to have priority boarding, you can just try calling the DINE line as soon as you get onboard. If you either can't get through, or just want to hedge your bet, I would find out exactly when the maitre 'd will be available at the dining room to begin taking reservations (I believe this was around 1pm my last cruise) and make sure you're down there when they open. Then you can leave your name in person.

From what I understand they will sometimes have more than one Chef's Table if there is demand for it. On the flip side, I saw that someone's got cancelled last week because of too many cancellations! :eek:

I'm getting on the Crown in just a couple of days myself, and am traveling with a large family group. There are a few of us who are going to try and get on the Chef's Table list. The less adventurous amongst us are going to probably take my two little nephews and go have pizza, I think. :)

Even if you can't participate on the Diamond yet, it's certainly worthwhile to look to a future cruise for it!

Archived