Balony Cove Rooms

travgurl

I have really bad spelling, But I was intrigued, what is a Balony Cove ?

do they serve sandwiches there ?

After my kidding aside, go to the Carnival web site and check out the construction photos of the Dream. I think there is a link to the blog where they visited the shipyard and saw mock ups.

Tom in Long Beach.

I did have a "hull hole" balcony on QM2 and imagine this will be like that.

I know they have a special door because these rooms are closer to the water line...

QM2 has in hull balconys which are super well priced, hardly more $$$ than a inside cabin now that the novelty has worn off.

They look very similar to the cove balconys Carnival is doing. If you want to see more reviews about them, Id ask on the Cunard threads. I know a bunch of folks are upgrading to them because they are such a great deal compared to a regular balcony.

I suspect that once the novelty wears off, the prices might get less steep for Carnival's too? In fact on one thread about them, someone posted a picture of the QM2 where the in hull balconys which are the lower down balconys which are kind of encased in metal with a cut out show better.

Anyone scheduled to travel on the Dream and staying in a balcony cove room? Any idea what they are like?

Yep! I've got a cove booked for my sailing from NYC in November!!

If you've sailed on a Fantasy class and seen the Cat 12 balconies they are much like that, just smaller. On Cunard they are called 'hull' or 'in hull' balcony cabins.

I think they are going to be wildly popular on the Dream as they are only two decks from the water line!!!

:)

I was wondering the same thing.

The only thing about the Cove Balcony they are on the Second Floor of the Ship. I just hope the water isnt real choppy. We where worried about the water splashing up on the side of the ship and then you couldnt use it that much. But I guess that is why it has a Cove around it to help with the splashing.

Thanks,

Brandon

I was wondering the same thing.

The only thing about the Cove Balcony they are on the Second Floor of the Ship. I just hope the water isnt real choppy. We where worried about the water splashing up on the side of the ship and then you couldnt use it that much. But I guess that is why it has a Cove around it to help with the splashing.

Thanks,

Brandon

Not to worry...

There is a system of sliding 'doors', for lack of a better word, that would be closed and locked by cabin stewards in the event of exceptionally rough seas.

The concept is to keep people safe in those conditions.

They're the only balconies that you can troll (fish) from.

Sensation new balconies start on Main deck too. One deck above water level. I was on Riveria once on Ecstasy in a 5A and the waves splashed on our window when they were high so Im betting one deck up you could reach the ocean with a fishing pole too.

I was told by my PVP, that these balconies have sliders that have to be closed if the seas get rough. Not problem there, but she also said that there is a walkway beside the balcony and people can walk by your balcony, that was a problem for me. She said you cant look down at the water only out.

I was told by my PVP, that these balconies have sliders that have to be closed if the seas get rough. Not problem there, but she also said that there is a walkway beside the balcony and people can walk by your balcony, that was a problem for me. She said you cant look down at the water only out.

Your PVP is mistaken on several accounts. There is no way anyone could walk past your cabin on the main deck of the ship, unless they can walk on water.

Also you can look down on the water, not sure why they told you that.

Check out the video that is posted earlier in this thread.

Here is the deck plan showing the cove balcony's

DRMAIN.gif

Archived