Cigs

august1963

so let me get this straight. If I only have two people in my party, then I can only bring home 2 cartons. Right? Why risk getting the 5 carton super deal because if they confiscate 3 cartons, then I am out the money.
What?? You can't smoke 3 cartons during a cruise? And you call yourself a smoker.

You can also pack them in your suitcase and not worry about claiming it.

Since I have to pay taxes to pay for supporting other peoples kids I feel I'm entitled to a few duty free smokes.(I don't actually SMOKE, but my dog sitter does)

And it's fine you "Rule Mongers" I have my flameproof suit on today, so have at it.:D

Carole

No flaming - just know that putting them in your suitcase doesn't mean they won't catch you. :p

I always opt for declaring them and have never been charged or had the extras confiscated. I'd rather not deal with the customs guy if they've searched my suitcase and discover I didn't declare, but that's just me. :eek:

No flaming - just know that putting them in your suitcase doesn't mean they won't catch you. :p

I always opt for declaring them and have never been charged or had the extras confiscated. I'd rather not deal with the customs guy if they've searched my suitcase and discover I didn't declare, but that's just me. :eek:

Exactly, I know this, however I will just play the blonde card and say "oh those are duty free right? thats what the sign said. :D

Now you declare them on your form but they usually wave the fee? Thats interesting, maybe I'll try it next trip.

I've even given Bon Voyage another chance (after they lost my rum for three days LAST time I ordered from them) and I ordered Rum and Irish cream to the room.

BTW on another topic, someone said you can order Baileys for the room, that is UNTRUE, they have irish cream but it is not Baileys.

So anyway Va thanks for the info, maybe I'll reform. I guess I just get really discouraged when I read the news and find out a person that can afford artifical insemation is getting a free ride for raising all her kids:rolleyes: and we are the fools that have to pay. So more taxes is a SORE subject.

Cheers, Carole

Archived