Promenade Stateroom - hit or miss?

normannna

Hi All

I just saw our Z inside Guarantee cabin assignment online for TA Navigator of the Seas in April and shows as a deck 8 Promenade stateroom. We booked a couple of days ago for a really low price so not complaining. I've looked online to see some pictures and the RCI website shows dimensions are slightly smaller than standard insides.

I accept you take your chances with a guarantee but just looking for ups and down in advanace so I know what to expect

Thanks in advance for your views

We had a Promenade cabin on deck 8 back in October on the Explorer of the Sea's and loved the cabin. I did notice that on the Explorer the Promenade was 167 sq feet compared to a regular inside cabin at a 160 sq feet. Not sure why on the Navigator that the Promenade cabins are smaller then a regular inside since they are sister ships. I'm sure you will enjoy your Promenade cabin.

We were just on the Navigator and had a promenade cabin on deck 7. We were just on the two night cruise, so, the size of the cabin was not an issue when we signed up because we knew that for two nights it would be fine. It is an adequate size, but, the storage was less than the balcony cabins we normally get, and the space between the end of the bed and the wall was smaller also. But, we loved the fact that there is a window seat, and we could people watch because sometimes the seating on the promenade is all taken. We had no problem with noise once the parade was over, but, the music from that was loud, but we watched the parade from our cabin and enjoyed it. You can close the drapes, and the cabin is very dark, so , you should have no problems with light keeping you awake. We enjoyed the cabin, and I think you would also, unless storage space is an issue, but, I do tend to overpack. I would not hesitate to book another promenade cabin, and may do so again in the future. The Navigator is a beautiful ship, so, enjoy your cruise.

Janet

Promenade rooms are awesome! We always book the promenade rooms when they are available. PRime viewing for parades, etc. Just note that if you are changing clothes or just want some privacy, close the curtain because the rooms across the way and down on the promenade can look in. :eek:

Promenade rooms are awesome! We always book the promenade rooms when they are available. PRime viewing for parades, etc. Just note that if you are changing clothes or just want some privacy, close the curtain because the rooms across the way and down on the promenade can look in. :eek:

Every time a PR cabin is mentioned, someone feels it necessary to remind you to close the curtains. Don't flame me, but I really want to know, do people really need to be reminded to close their curtains? Wouldn't this be 2nd nature? Don't you all close your curtains / blinds at home?

Every time a PR cabin is mentioned, someone feels it necessary to remind you to close the curtains. Don't flame me, but I really want to know, do people really need to be reminded to close their curtains? Wouldn't this be 2nd nature? Don't you all close your curtains / blinds at home?

The ones in my room at home are closed 99.9% of the time...which means that closing them everyday is not 2nd nature.

There are sheers in the PR cabins as well as heavy curtains. Some will close only the sheers thinking that they hidden. (or maybe not!?) :o

To verify why some have to be reminded to close their curtains while changing clothes just stand by your window for a few minutes and look across and can make your own judgement lol. Another reason the room appears larger is the seating at the end of the room by the window section is like an alcove (not large) but it makes the room look larger than it is. We have sailed over 35x and only once had an interior. This was our first promenade and I was leary to say the least but it met our needs and never felt uncomfortable. Granted it's not a suite but it's as good as an outside/balcony as far as I'm concerned (granted no water view) and I will do it again if it means sailing or not sailing lol.

We had a Promenade cabin on deck 8 back in October on the Explorer of the Sea's and loved the cabin. I did notice that on the Explorer the Promenade was 167 sq feet compared to a regular inside cabin at a 160 sq feet. Not sure why on the Navigator that the Promenade cabins are smaller then a regular inside since they are sister ships. I'm sure you will enjoy your Promenade cabin.
The PR are awesome and much bigger then a regular inside cabin, take it you won't be sorry. I would also consider it an upgrade. Have a great time.
I would still consider it an upgrade, but PRs are NOT larger on Navigator. There are two sub-classes of Voyager ships - early ships [Voyager, Adventure, Explorer] Prominade rooms are larger than other insides, while later ships [Mariner, Navigator] Prominades are smaller than other insides. Conversely later ships have larger balcony rooms. In reality there is a third sub-class of Voyagers, known during development as Ultra-Voyager but now known as Freedom class - essentially a stretched version of the later Voyager ships.

We have PR rooms 3 times, twice were on NOS. We really like them. It is so nice not getting squished during the parades. It really is fun for people watching.

Kids have PR on our June cruise. We are trying a balcony for the first time. Can't wait:D

Archived