Too soon to request shareholder OBC?

Sparky333

Is there a timeframe for emailing the request -- does it need to be within a certain # of days of the sail date? Our cruise is May 4th.

Also, I'm hoping I understand correctly that we can get shareholder OBC and also OBC for a Passages booking which we bought on the Connie last February. We booked our upcoming cruise and paid the full deposit last March. That beats the cut-off for being able to combine OBCs, right?

I requested OBC for my 30 Nov 2009 transatlantic a year in advance. It's on my confirmation invoice.

For your other question, I would contact Celebrity directly and then have them send you a revised confirmation invoice.

You can request Shareholder OBC as soon as you have a deposit down for a specific cruise.

You should be OK combining the OBC's since your deposit was prior to 12/31/08, but the policy keeps changing, so the sooner you get things confirmed, the better your chances. I would send in my proof of ownership ASAP and send Shareholder Benefits a follow up e-mail requesting confirmation that the OBC has been applied.

Our cruise is on April 26th and I applied for the OBC a month ago before we made our final payment. Two days later I received an email telling me that the credit was posted to our account. Last week when we made our final payment, the OBC was shown on the invoice.

Have a great cruise!

I take is based on some of the responses that there might be some changes to the program. Does anyone have the details?

Effective 12-31-08, you're no longer allowed to combine shareholder credits with other incentive credits offered by the company (advance booking, etc.). You must select which ONE offers you the best advantage. You may combine the shareholder OBC with "purchased" credits (credit card points, OBC from your travel agent, etc.).

Otherwise the shareholder OBC is approved for renewal each year, by the board of directors of RCI. Every year people here on Cruise Critic become convinced the program will be ended. No one knows. I could give you several perfectly valid sounding arguments why it will be ended, and an equal number of perfectly valid sounding arguments why it will be retained.

If I had to bet, I'd bet they keep it.

Harris

Denver, CO

How much is the credit? Is it based on length of cruise or a flat amount?

Thanks!

It's based on the length of the cruise. You must own 100 shares (less won't qualify, and more doesn't make the benefit better).

$250 Onboard Credit per Stateroom on Sailings of 14 or more nights.

$200 Onboard Credit per Stateroom on Sailings of 10 to 13 nights.

$100 Onboard Credit per Stateroom on Sailings of 6 to 9 nights.

$50 Onboard Credit per Stateroom on Sailings of 5 nights or less.

Harris

Denver, CO

Emailed sharholderbenefits and got a response the next day so that is taken care of. The reply email didn't address my question about our Passages OBC only shareholders so I guess I need to call customer service to check on that.

Does the credit for that type of thing (Passages)usually show up on your reservation before you sail or is it one of those things you have to wait to see after you board the ship? I remember there being something like that...

You can call the Captain's Club, and they'll be able to look at your reservation and see all credits that are applied.

Be aware that when you board the ship the credits don't actually post to your account until about the third or fourth day, so don't panic when you don't see them there.

Harris

Denver, CO

Archived