bottled water

With all this talk about bringing bottled water on board, does that mean that the tap water isn't drinkable?

Also, do you go thru metal detector at embarkation, and at each port?

The water on board any cruise ship is purer than most bottled water and is fine to drink. After all, it's the same water they cook with so if it wasn't drinkable, you wouldn't be able to eat!

Your luggage and carry-on will be xrayed, and you will go through a metal detector every time you board.

Cheers,

It means that some folks just think "bottled" means "better"!!!! The ship's water is more than fine to drink, although it will NOT come out of the tap cold! You will need ice, (which is made with ship's water!!!)!

The water is very "soft" (no minerals), so shampoo will lather and lather and lather....don't use too much, or you'll rinse forever!!!!

There's no need to lug water on the ship. If you're doing excursions in "iffy" ports, it IS a good idea to take a bottle of water (re-fill on the ship) with you, so you don't have to drink local water (Mexico!!!) The Eastern ports are fine, for the most part!

• 2 weeks later...

Some people also bring bottled waters because it's convenient, not because they skeeve the ship's water. Sometimes you may want a sip of something in the middle of the night w/o wanting to get up, turn on the lights, look for a glass & go to the bathroom for water.

NCL has mini-fridges on some ships so I will be bringing a couple waters, sodas & gatorades on my next cruise just so when I'm thirsty, I don't have to look far for a beverage.

Archived