1st Time cruising - Superstar Virgo in May

1st_Time_Cruising

Hi,

I'm planning to book a 5 nights cruise trip on Superstar Virgo for travelling in the last week of May. It seems that May is the start of Monsoon season in Thailand and Malaysia. I would be very much appreciated to hear from your advices re cruising on this ship in May if you had done it before. My itineraries include ports at Penang, Phuket & KL.

Thanks in advance

1st time cruiser

Because Star Cruises are based in Asia, you won't find many people here who have sailed them. You might check out the Star forum, though I doubt it is very active...Also go to the Ports of Call area for those parts of Asia and see if anyone has any suggestions. EM

Hi,

I'm planning to book a 5 nights cruise trip on Superstar Virgo for travelling in the last week of May. It seems that May is the start of Monsoon season in Thailand and Malaysia. I would be very much appreciated to hear from your advices re cruising on this ship in May if you had done it before. My itineraries include ports at Penang, Phuket & KL.

Thanks in advance

1st time cruiser

Hi.

Do you have any specific questions you want to ask about the Virgo? I have sailed on the ship 3 times and will be sailing on her in a month's time so I can check up on anything you like. My ports are similar to yours, except I won't be going to KL.

I have not sailed on this ship, but I did live in Thailand and Malaysia! Even if it is the monsoon season, the rains come everyday but do not last all day...usually there will be one or two showers a day (sometimes heavy) but not lasting long. So at least on land you wouldn't have to worry about it raining all day long. I do not know if there is a difference out at sea.

I too am sailing on the Virgo in Late June to Phuket and Langkawi and would love any information re land excursions. Having travelled on Superstar Leo i found Star cruise land excursions very controlled and a bit manipulating re shops etc. Any information on the trip type would be great.

Archived