Flights arranged through Princess (Alaskan Cruisetour)

fsugator

We opted for Princess to arrange our airfare when we booked our Cruisetour (June 15 Coral) back in January. We did not book an add on in Anchorage. Does anyone know if Princess will get us to the ship on time (for those of you who have flown on the same day as departure)? We are flying out of Orlando Florida.

Does anyone know if Princess does not find us a flight will they fly us in earlier and comp us a hotel room? We have already payed our trip in full. Thanks for the input.:eek:

Does anyone know if Princess does not find us a flight will they fly us in earlier and comp us a hotel room? We have already payed our trip in full. Thanks for the input.:eek:

Wow! You will be putting on the miles. :-). I fly from Anchorage to Gainesville (visiting relatives) and its not bad on the flight from FL to ANC as the time zones will work in your favor (4 hours difference). But back to your question- from what i've heard from fellow passengers (but not experienced myself) , if Princess air has you flying a day earlier, you may have an overnight stay but not neccessarily at your final destination city. (Say perhaps Florida to Minnesota to Alaska.. it may be Minnesota..). But knowing the popular connections, I wouldn't worry about the flight to Anchorage on same-day, you will arrive in Anchorage with plenty of time, but you will arrive very tired. (Do a dummy booking on Orbitz and see what will be potential connecting cities..). :-)

We used Princess air last year-they put us on Delta from Raleigh to Atlanta and then on a non-stop (VERY LONG!!) flight from Atlanta to Anchorage (I think the flight was 9 hours). We then did a tour first, followed by southbound cruise. If I remember, the bus transfer to Whittier from Anchorage was around 2 hours, including a long one way tunnel that the bus had to wait at least 30 minutes to enter (they control who goes through/when). I have never had any problems with Princess air and getting to any ship (Knock on wood!). Enjoy!

Princess is going to schedule you for a flight the SAME day. They have big blocks of space contracted. However you are FAR better off, booking yourself and arriving the day prior. You are hardly going to enjoy the Arm, or have any time for any touring your day of arrival. If you do consider this, take the Alaska RR to Whittier, then a Prince William Sound boat tour. FAR superior for glacier viewing and a TOP attraction, compared to your cruiseship.

Archived