Carnival sushi?

docboy

We were just on the Fantasy at the beginning of February. We enjoyed the sushi every night! Some was better than others...the tuna was really good!:)

DSCN0125.jpg

We LOVED the tuna on the first night - we made an agreement for the next cruise to be there when it opens that first night and get a BUNCH of it, as that's the only night they serve it. The eel was also pretty good, but not as good as the tuna.

I was on the Miracle a couple of weeks ago and my opinion on the sushi is that it is forgettable.

I love sushi and eat it several times a week so I was excited about the sushi bar and I was sorely disappointed.

If you are more of a sushi purist then you will be turned off. The eel had a BBQ sauce instead of a terriyaki, the rolls were filled with the tiniest piece of fish and then a lot of filler.

On my next cruise I will skip it all together.

Yes. I will skip it too. I am not a sushi purist (well...maybe? I know I am not a foodie or a sushi snob...or maybe I am?). I think it was just not good. I try to only eat sushi when I visit Japan once a year. Maybe once a year I will try a new place in my area.

For someone that has never tried sushi, trying it on a cruise ship would be a great way to learn if you like it I guess...free and all...

• 3 months later...
  • 10 months later...
Of course there is a difference, the wedding sushi was paid for, the other sushi is FREE!:D I think you should try the sushi, and just keep in mind that if you like something....you can get much better quality at a nice sushi bar on land. I can't complain about the sushi, ITS FREE!:p

QUOTE]

Unlike NCL, where most of the better food is only available for a surcharge, there is plenty of food included in the price of your cruise vacation. It is not free. I can only hope that some of it is good enough that I would have been happy to pay extra for it.

My experience with cruise ship sushi has been pretty bad. HAL, which manages to deliver the goods on much of their food, seems clueless when it comes to sushi. You can't just cut up and kosher pickle, wrap it in seaweed and rice, and call it sushi. Also, sushi rice cannot sit around all day as it loses mositure and starts to fight with the soft fish that it should compliement.

Does anyone have some photos of the sushi, as opposed to the sushi bar? The only photos I saw were of the furniture and a whole uncut octopus.

Archived