Which ports are a must to see?

travgurl

Which islands are must to see? We have been to the Western Carribean twice, just loved all of the ports. Now, I want to do the Eastern Carribean. Or should I consider the southern Carribean?

Islands we are considering are Grand Turk, St Thomas, San Juan or

St Thomas and St Martin. We would be repeating Nassau. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

We were recently on the Miracle and had one of our ports, St. Lucia, substituted with Tortola, B.V.I. I was sort of sad about not getting to see St. Lucia....looking forward to seeing the Pitons, you know.......but I think Tortola turned out to be my favourite port of the 3 we stopped at. They are all beautiful and each have their own "feel" to them. Enjoy - whatever you choose !

I loved Belize and Roatan. Both ports were awesme! The tours for Belize were many and the mayan ruins in Belize can still be climbed!!!!

I was at Grand Turk and I enjoyed myself. Now, if you really want paradise, pick the private islands. HAL's Half Moon Cay is a wonderful spot to sit back and just do nothing, or frolic in the sea!!!!

I'd love to go South. One day I will head to the Southern Caribbean. Perhaps that is a thought for Sept 2010....

St. Thomas is one of my favorite ports of all time so far. Go to Trunk bay, you can take a boat over to St John where it is really at and go snorkeling...the best place we will ever go....it's right off the beach. It's rated one of the top ten beaches in the world.

I find that each island has its own unique appeal, but my favorite overall cruise has got to be the Southern one ... Barbados, Aruba, St Lucia & Dominica are some of my favorite ports.

Joanne

St. Maarten, St. Kitts, St. Lucia, loved the water at Half Moon Cay, it's absolultely something beautiful to be seen in person, but so far, other than the water at Half Moon Cay, my absolute most favorite port is St. Thomas. Ya gotta go there, it's gorgeous. There are pics of all in my signature, and lots of them.:)

I love St. Martin. I like snorkling on the french side and shopping on the Dutch side. If you go and if you are chocolate fan go to the Belgian Chocolate Box on Old Street it is the best chocolate i have had.

St. Thomas is great for shopping and there is an excursion called Helmet diving at Coral World that was fun.

Belize www.Cave-tubing.com great excursion as well as River Wallace Altun Ha Mayan Ruins

Panama and Costa Rica were nice once got away from the city.

Want to see more of Costa Maya and Grand Cayman.

could do without Bahamas but love Senor Frogs.:D

I hope that helped

Which islands are must to see? We have been to the Western Carribean twice, just loved all of the ports. Now, I want to do the Eastern Carribean. Or should I consider the southern Carribean?

St Thomas and St Martin. We would be repeating Nassau. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

grand turk was one of our fav places of all time. san juan was really great also, not so much of a tropical destination, but it is a place we look forward to returning to when we do a southern next year. i personally was not impressed with st. thomas, i guess it just wasn't what i was expecting. we did the eastern carib last feb. the trip also included half moon cay, which became one of our fav places also. we really loved that eastern itinerary.

Grand Turk is great even though they are still suffering from a bad hurricane hit in the early fall. Get away from the main pier (M-ville) and do a water excursion of some sort. If you want a place to have a fo-fo or a cold one Jack's Shack is about a 1/4 mile north of the pier on the beach. It is a nice walk and Jack and janet are very nice and much cheaper than at the pier......

St. Thomas always works. If you like to shop it is the place. If you like beaches they have many beautiful ones. Or right across from the pier is the Paradise tram to the top of the 700 mountian. One of the best views in the Caribbean with small shops and a good bar.

I've always liked SJ. Do a tour of the forts, the government building and a church or two...It is cool....There are many excursions there. Also Old San Juan (downtown) is full of history and things to do.

• 1 month later...
We love St. Maarten. In fact, our adult DD wants to skip the cruise and just fly to St. Maarten for a land vacation.

Don't skip the cruise, my wife and I did last year in May, it was great to spend the week on St. Martin but we missed our cruise. We had to go on a 4 day cruise in Oct. to get our cruise fix.:D

Have you been to St. Kitts, Antiguia, St. Barts, or Bonaire? Grand Turk is in the Bahamas. St. Thomas, St. Maartin, and San Juan are pretty close together and may be grouped together on a cruise. Good luck in choosing where you want to go. A helpful hint, don't go during the summer months June, July, August because it is hot and humid there.

Archived