Cayo Levantado accessible?

Cru1s1ng2009

hard sand and dirt paths some stone walkways but not many never saw a single ramp but the grass seemed usable if people are willing to help. I didn't see a single wheelchair get off the ship at this port. Many ab people were just going over for an hour or two and coming back not really much to do other than sit on the beach its a very small island.

Personally I don't see the point of making this stop other than to do the excursions on the main land not the actual island and I don't believe they allow non excursion people on the tenders to the mainland but could be wrong didn't seem like anyone tried.

Funny story about our visit some friends went on the whale watching excursion 3 hours long said they saw one whale about a mile away from their boat. I got off the ship went to cayo for an hour came back looked out next to the ship about 300 feet away and saw a giant whale they were alittle mad we had a better view of whales than they did when we didn't pay for an excursion to see it and they did.

I'm sorry I wrote that there weren't many stone paths and I am wrong during my visit it they were just covered with dirt/sand more than usual I guess cause of wind and all the people kicking it up off the beach.

Thanks Paul.

I booked a beach escape excursion for my DD who is a paraplegic so we will see how this works out. I am doing a sea lion excursion so I thought it would be nice for her to get off the ship as well. I hope it works out although it doesnt sound like it.

Archived