Beach in Grand Caymen or Cozumel?

skybaby

Seven mile beach in Grand Cayman is really nice. I liked it better than Chankkanab (sp?) in Cozumel. The beach in Cayman was very easy on the feet. Cozumel seemed very rocky and hard to get in the water in some spots. Keep in mind, I've only been to the one beach in Cozumel so I cannot speak for the other beaches. We snorkeled with our own equipment at seven mile and it was very nice.

Will be at both ports and would like to go to a beach at one of them. We have been to Paradise Beach in Cozumel. Would you go to a beach in Grand Caymen or in Cozumel? Thanks for any input.

We have been to Paradise Beach in Cozumel as well as Royal Palms Beach in Grand Cayman. Both beaches are very nice. There is more shade at Paradise Beach and the water toys (inflatable iceberg and water trampolines) were a big hit with my sons! Both beaches had soft, white powdery sand and the water at Royal Palms Beach was a beautiful turquoise color and crystal clear too!

I have attached links to two video's that show our excursions to Paradise Beach and Royal Palms Beach. Maybe this will help you to decide which one you like better.

Grand Cayman--featuring the Pirate Encounter and Royal Palms Beach:

Cozumel-featuring Xcaret and Royal Palms Beach:

I went to Rum Point last time and it was gorgeous. The plan WAS this next time to hit Sea Grape beach, but with 5 ships in port, I imagine that will be SUPER crowded. So we opted for an excursion with Nativeway that hits Stingray City briefly and takes us right to Rum Point.

We went to Paradise Beach in Cozumel last time, hitting Chankanaab this time. Even at PB the beach was hard on the feet in places, I think it may be Cozumel in general.

Archived