Philadelphia help

chrisbd1

We're crusing out of Philly. How far is it from the airport to the cruise terminal? I want to get a hotel not too far away from the sites but not so far away that transportation to the dock is really expensive. We're planning on flying in the day before and taking in some of the sights. TIA.

Get an airport hotel with service to the airport. There are lots of them. I don't think any of them will take you to the cruise terminal but I doubt it. The cruise terminal isn't too far away if you need a cab. From the airport (right in the terminal) you can take a train into center city Philly. From there all the historical sights are within walking distance. There is also a hop on/hop off bus that can help you with getting around. Good luck.

Philadelphia Airport Marriott

One Arrivals Road

Philadelphia, PA 19153 USA

Stay right at the Marriott, Right at the PHL Airport, you won't even need a shuttle, you can walk to it from Baggage Claim area indoors. Very easy !

You can also grab the train from right there at the airport into Center City Philadelphia.

If you belong to Triple A they have a room for just $129.00 for October 23rd.

The rate would be $171.00 if you don't belong to Triple A.. still a good deal in my opinion, Can't beat the location, short cab ride over the bridge to the Naval yard.

Jimbo:)

I disagree with the others. If you want to sight see in Phila, you really don't want to be out by the airport. Assuming you want to see the historic area, you should look for a hotel in that area. Check out http://www.gophila.com/ look for Historic Area, Society Hill locations.

If you stay at the airport it will cost you $7 per person each way ($28 r/t for a couple) to get into town, assuming the hotel will take you to the airport and pick you up again. If you stay "in town," it will be a flat rate 28.50 (plus tip) for a taxi into the city. Plus you can walk to a whole host of good restaurants if you stay in town. Either place will require a taxi to the port and the costs will be about the same. Of course you could take the train and stay in town, but it might be problematic schlepping luggage.

Some good hotels in/near the historic district include the Society Hill Sheraton and the upscale Omni Hotel just a block away from Independence Hall. You're going to love checking out our history! :):cool:

Don't forget the cheesesteaks. ;)

We use this one.

Four Points by Sheraton

Philadelphia Airport

4101A Island Avenue

Philadelphia, PA 19153

• 1 week free parking

(additional days for a fee)

• 24 hour roundtrip

airport transfers

02/23/09 - 03/01/10

$121.00 Thu-Sun