Fruit Fill-Up???

dreamfinder222

My wife and I are first-time cruisers, doing a 7-day wester caribbean in March on Carnival Legend.

My question: Is there a place on the ship where we could "fill up" on fresh fruit at the beginning of the cruise, and keep it in our fridge? Obviously we're not going to fill our pockets or anything, but having a few morsels on hand for those quick snacks would be nice.

Any thoughts???

I've never been on Carnival before but all the ships I've been on have fruit every day. On some lines you will have a bowl of fruit in your room replenished all the time.

Remember that 24 hour room service too. We both order fruit for breakfast and often will take a plate of fruit back to our room or out to the lounge chair. The pineapple is to die for and there is always plenty of fruit throughout the day. You certainly can take whatever you want back to the room.

One word of caution though. When you leave the ship, you should not try to bring any fruit with you. Most islands will not allow it. Do not attempt to bring any with you for the flight home because it will be taken from you as well.

Enjoy! oh, don't forget to try the fruit soups.

• 2 weeks later...
My wife and I are first-time cruisers, doing a 7-day wester caribbean in March on Carnival Legend.

My question: Is there a place on the ship where we could "fill up" on fresh fruit at the beginning of the cruise, and keep it in our fridge? Obviously we're not going to fill our pockets or anything, but having a few morsels on hand for those quick snacks would be nice.

Any thoughts???

I'm not sure I'd fill up on fruit at the beginning of the cruise to store in your fridge, which isn't really a fridge, but a mini-bar so isn't very cold. It certainly isn't cold enough to keep milk in. They do have cut-up and whole fruit on the breakfast buffet and lunch salad bar that you could grab every day to take back to your cabin.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived