Anyone appling for RC Visa-important info

abhb

**What is the maximum OBC and/or points that can be applied?? I noticed on their website that for $50,000 points, you can get $500 OBC. Has anyone gotten this?? How easy is it to transfer to your next cruise?? **

There is no maxmum that can be applied to your OBC from the Royal visa Program, hwever the certificates issued by BOA are only good for a certain time period after issue and once redemed to RCCL and the OBC is applied to your account there is no going back and you cant take it with you after the cruise. It becomes a use it or lose it affair. My experience has been to call BOA a few months ahead and have them send the certs. Then fill out te certs and send them to RCCL with all the cruise info (ie. res #, Date of saling, ship) I have never had a problem and beleive that using the points for OBC is the best use. Yes you can use them for free cruises with some massive points, but watching for deals negates saving points for a free cruise.

I also recently got this card (to book my upcoming cruise at double the points!). I received my first statement last week, and it only showed 5,000 bonus points. I called and they said the additional 5,000 should be reflected on my next statement. Guess we'll see....

Okay, you convinced me.:) Just to double check. With this new promotion, I have to use the card once, and I will receive the 10,000 bonus points?

My DH got 10000 points right away, and after his first purchase, he got the additional 5000 on his next billing statement. He hasn't used it since. We just put everything on mine. You do have to wait for the statement and you can only go off of that point balance. I was only 82 points away from another $50 cert in Nov, but now I have another $150 for my cruise in 3 weeks. I love the card.

I, too, received the Visa card info. I have a question and coudn't get a straight answer from the customer service rep I talked to (She was too busy asking me to give her my info so she could sign me up on the phone, but no doubt they get commissions on the # of cards they process.) The offer says double points are given for RC onboard purchases. It doesn't say if one gets double points for charging a RC cruise itself to the card---or only onboard purchases. If you've had the card for a while and have booked a RC cruise using the card, did you get double points?

I would appreciate any information somebody can give me. :)

Cruzin Lady

I, too, received the Visa card info. I have a question and coudn't get a straight answer from the customer service rep I talked to (She was too busy asking me to give her my info so she could sign me up on the phone, but no doubt they get commissions on the # of cards they process.) The offer says double points are given for RC onboard purchases. It doesn't say if one gets double points for charging a RC cruise itself to the card---or only onboard purchases. If you've had the card for a while and have booked a RC cruise using the card, did you get double points?

I would appreciate any information somebody can give me. :)

Cruzin Lady

Yup - anything that comes up Royal Caribbean gets double points. That's how I got so much OBC. We paid for our New Years Eve cruise (probably the most expensive week of the year) for 5 people a and 2 cabins. I also prepaid my tips for my upcoming cruise. More double points towards OBC.

Archived