Anyone appling for RC Visa-important info

abhb

My daughter applied for RC Visa (last week) through the RC website. The website says 10,000 bonus points after 1 qualifing purchase.

The card arrived today. The card was attached to an information brochure that states 5,000 bonus royal points after your 1st qualifying transaction in very large font.

She called them . After being on hold over 15 minutes, she was told that there is an error on the letters and that she will get the 10,000 points. If she had any problems,, to call them. I also printed the application from the web site that clearly states 10,000 with good through March 31.

Just wanted to let anyone who applied for the card recently to know. It will save you a long wait on the phone with BofA.

I got my 10,000 points and added another 5,000 points in a short time so I saved $150 on my Alaska cruise in May.

It has already been applied. You just call the credit card company and they send you a certificate. You then send it to the address in Kansas. Mine was applied within just a few days.

Any purchase with RCCL gets you double points and that includes excursions so the points add up pretty quick.

I have had the RC Visa card for about 5 or 6 years and stopped using over a year ago as the rate was higher than my local credit union was..Also it is issued with Bank of America..Have you seen the shape they are in or what has happened to thier stock ?? They just might not be around if the Gov does not bail them out.

My daughter applied for RC Visa (last week) through the RC website. The website says 10,000 bonus points after 1 qualifing purchase.

The card arrived today. The card was attached to an information brochure that states 5,000 bonus royal points after your 1st qualifying transaction in very large font.

She called them . After being on hold over 15 minutes, she was told that there is an error on the letters and that she will get the 10,000 points. If she had any problems,, to call them. I also printed the application from the web site that clearly states 10,000 with good through March 31.

Just wanted to let anyone who applied for the card recently to know. It will save you a long wait on the phone with BofA.

I applied while on the Jewel last Oct and was promised 10,000 points. I only received 5,000.

I have called BOFA twice now and could not get them to add the balance. Did she call the customer service number on the back of the card? I think I will try again.

Can you check points online or do you have to call customer service?

You can call Customer service, the only way online, that I have found is to view/print the last month's statement. I haven't found anything online that is current beyond the last statement.

I've had an RCL Visa for a few years now. I used to have a credit card, also through Bank of America, that was tied to an on-line cruise travel agency. It was a fabulous deal, with quickly accumulating points and no cap on how many you could trade in on the same cruise.

Maybe too good a deal, as they eventually reduced the benefits, then canceled the program.

I went in search of a suitable replacement and found the Royal Visa to be the closest match. At that time, I'd only cruised on Carnival, but the SeaMiles card was too confusing for me.

To answer some questions asked:

• Your cruise points will appear on every statement. If you view your statement on line, choose the "view/print statement" option to see your points as of the last printed statement.
  • The program is very easy to figure out, with the benefits clearly itemized on the Royal Caribbean web site.
  • I don't know what the current interest rate is, but I was quite pleased with the interest rate I was given - not rock-bottom, but certainly low for a card offering rewards.
  • I have been very pleased with the service I have received from Bank of America. They have been very responsive to issues I've had and quick to contact me if there is irregular charges to my account. When I purchased tickets for my son to come home on leave from Italy, the purchase was confirmed with a phone call from the bank. (I don't typically travel overseas, and the flight originated in Italy and was in a name other than my own.)
  • It's worked out very well for me. It's not difficult to collect 15,000 points over the course of a year. I just book the lowest priced room advertised and upgrade to an ocean view.

I have had the RC Visa card for about 5 or 6 years and stopped using over a year ago as the rate was higher than my local credit union was..
What does it matter what the interest rate is if you pay off the balance every month?

Also it is issued with Bank of America..Have you seen the shape they are in or what has happened to their stock ?? They just might not be around if the Gov does not bail them out.
What happens to their stock price has little to do with the RCL Visa program.

So' date=' how many points does it take, minimum, to be good towards a RCCL cruise? Thanks for that tip of the 5000 vs 10,000 snafu.[/quote']Minimum point value you can redeem for a reward is 5000 points. You can get $50 OBC for 5000 points.

I am considering applying for this card to receive the 10,000 bonus points special promotion. According to the promotion, I can use the 10,000 points as an OBC. I already have a 100 OBC from a RCI special sale. Will there be a problem redeeming the VISA credit on the same cruise?

My DH has the RCCL visa, and i just applied to get one in my name because of the special promotion. Does anyone know if you can combine our points together, or transfer his points over to my account, then cancel his account.

Can't do either.

We took a New Years Eve cruise and I had $700 in visa OBC (upgrades not available on holiday cruises). They sent me 3 different certs, $500, $150 and $50. My DH opened an account last year so he had $150 OBC. We both got our certificates and applied them to our booking. We had 2 next cruise credits too (2 cabins). Our sea pass account was all taken care of. It was awesome.

We took a New Years Eve cruise and I had $700 in visa OBC (upgrades not available on holiday cruises). They sent me 3 different certs, $500, $150 and $50. My DH opened an account last year so he had $150 OBC. We both got our certificates and applied them to our booking. We had 2 next cruise credits too (2 cabins). Our sea pass account was all taken care of. It was awesome.

Okay, you convinced me.:) Just to double check. With this new promotion, I have to use the card once, and I will receive the 10,000 bonus points?

I have had the RC Visa card for about 5 or 6 years and stopped using over a year ago as the rate was higher than my local credit union was..Also it is issued with Bank of America..Have you seen the shape they are in or what has happened to thier stock ?? They just might not be around if the Gov does not bail them out.

I pay off my card each month, why would I care what the rate is? They at least are afloat, better than Washington Mutual who went under. No banks are doing great, this isnt exactly news their stock is down. So is RCL's and a lot of other stocks.

I think people try and find things to worry about lately. The fear is spreading.

Okay, you convinced me.:) Just to double check. With this new promotion, I have to use the card once, and I will receive the 10,000 bonus points?

If yours is the same as mine, you wouldnt get the bonus points until the end of your first billing period on your first statement.

If yours is the same as mine, you wouldnt get the bonus points until the end of your first billing period on your first statement.

Fair enough. And I do admit that some of the talk on some of the threads are making me paranoid about combining savings.

Archived