Carnival miracle questions???

bmb

Hello,

I am considering an 8day cruise from NYC to the Eastern Caribbean in June 2009 on the Miracle. I do have some questions to ask since I have never been on this ship before. With the balcony rooms....is there a blow dryer in the room? safebox? Is room service 24hrs and what do they include? How much is a soda card? Nick and Nora's specialty restaurant how much is the cover charge? Is that the only restaurant w/a cover charge?? Dinner seating times of early and late seating? What is the dress code? For men? Are the tips $10 a day p/p??? I appreciate all answers. I have cruised twice on NCL, so not sure what to expect on Carnival. Thanks!!! :)

HI!

We recently sailed on the Miracle, I'll try to answer as many of your questions as I can...

With the balcony rooms....is there a blow dryer in the room? Yes

safebox? Yes

Is room service 24hrs and what do they include? Not sure of specific hours, breakfast is basically continental, nice selection of salads, sandwiches & deserts for lunch and dinner!

How much is a soda card? Not sure...we cary on our own soda

Nick and Nora's cover charge? $30 per person (includes tip)

Is that the only restaurant w/a cover charge?? Yes

Dinner seating times of early and late seating? Late was 8:00p

What is the dress code? For men? For dinner? Basically what you would wear out to dinner at any nice resturaunt, on formal night you can go in anything from that to full out formal gowns & tuxes!

Are the tips $10 a day p/p??? Yes

Early dinner seating is 6 p.m. I think the soda card is around $42 per adult - will be cheaper if you wait to buy it after sailing into international waters. (saves some tax) Room service is 24 hours. DH wore slacks and a button down shirt to the dining room each evening (formal nites wore a suit) but some guys were in suits each nite, tuxes on formal nites. Some guys wore jeans each nite. Enjoy the Miracle!

I am going to hijack this post bc I have a question as well....

I was also looking at sailing June 1st. How is the weather sailing out of New York then-warm enough to lay on deck?? Seas choppy?? Being from PA I know that weather can be iffy that time of year...I have only sailed from florida and cali so weather being warm was never an issue :)

We took this cruise last summer on Miracle out of NY but we went in mid-late July. The weather then was very warm in NY but we sailed into the tail end of a tropical storm so it was cool, dreary and bumpy the first sea day. June shouldn't have that type of problem. I'm from PA too, Philly. The weather sailing out of NY is just the same as in Philly. June could be hot as hell or not, you know how predictable weather is in Philly :rolleyes:;).

The Miracle is a very pretty ship and we just loved her. We're going back on her this November. Our ports in July were San Juan, St Thomas and Grand Turk. We enjoyed every one of them.

Double check about the soda card. I don't remember what they cost because we didn't get one. We had one 8 year old with us and he isn't much of a soda drinker anyway. But water, iced tea, juice (if they still have it), lemonaid, coffee etc. is free at the buffet in Horacio's. I think the cost for the card was somewhere around $40 - $50. That's a lot of soda.

- There is a blow dryer

- There is a safe. Bring an old used gift card with a magnetic strip for the lock on the safe. DO NOT use your Sail and Sign card for this.

- Room service is 24 hours and is actually pretty good. I loved the shrimp salad sandwiches.

- Nick & Nora's is $30 a head (includes tip) We didn't get to go but everyone who did raved about it.

- Dinner sitting is 6pm and 8pm

- Dress code - casual for most nights (use your own judgement) and fancy casual to formal on "formal" nights. Some people wore jeans every night, others wore suits every night.

You'll love the Miracle. I can't wait to get back to her!

Archived