Any links of some great tours I can reserve on-line?

cruiserforlife

We did the coolest thing in st. Thomas. We just got back from a cruise on the Golden Princess. When you get to st. Thomas grab a cab to the red hook ferry (about 20 bucks and a 20minute ride) take the ferry to st. johns Island (about 10 minutes from red hook, cost is 3 dollars apiece) from there grab a cab(these are usually open air trucks ) to cinnimon bay(about 10minutes) there you will find a secluded beach. you will be luckey if there are 20 people there. It is one of the most beutiful beach's I have ever been to. They have a little hut there were they rent snorkle equipment for 5 bucks and they sell beer for 2.50 a can along with some snacks. The snorkeling is unreal. head out to the point away from the hut (to the right if you are looking at the ocean) the snorkeling is unreal. you will have a great time there. It is a nat'l park. our boat left at five, so make sure you catch the ferry back an hour before your boat leaves. it runs on the hour. I guarentee you will love it there. by the way they require a 25 dollar deposit on the snorkel equipment. you will get it back whin you return it.

He will pick you up at the ship at 9, 10 or 11 and drop you downtown. Pick you up downtown at noon and give you a 2 hour (or so) tour of the island. Then drop you at one of three beaches for a couple hours and pick you back up and take you to the ship. He was great-it just depends on what you want to do. If you want to spend the day at the beach, don't go with him, because there is a tour before the beach drop offs. Some that were in our group whined about not getting to the beach--they should have just taken a cab instead. We would have all been happier.

He will pick you up at the ship at 9, 10 or 11 and drop you downtown. Pick you up downtown at noon and give you a 2 hour (or so) tour of the island. Then drop you at one of three beaches for a couple hours and pick you back up and take you to the ship. He was great-it just depends on what you want to do. If you want to spend the day at the beach, don't go with him, because there is a tour before the beach drop offs. Some that were in our group whined about not getting to the beach--they should have just taken a cab instead. We would have all been happier.

I have to 2nd this opinion, bigtime!!! $20 gets you a complete island tour, shopping, and 2 hours of beach fun... If 2 hours isn't enough for you though, then this tour isn't the appropriate one.

godfrey@godfreytoursvi.com

http://www.godfreytoursvi.com/

If you want a great daysail with lunch and open bar, you should contact Captain Kathleen. You can view their website at Sail High Pockets.

We just sailed with them last week (12/1/04). It was absolutely fabulous. Captain Kathleen and Frist Mate Bill were a joy to be with. The food was spectacular. High Pockets supplied everything we needed to enjoy our day, all we needed to bring was sun screen and a towel. It was the highlight of our 7-day cruise.

We booked the entire yacht, 3 couples, with friends that we were traveling with and had the time or our lives.

Prices were more than reasonable.

I hope you enjoy your trip.

BTW if you need a ride to the marina, you can call Wally at 340-779-2605.

He is one of the last honest taxi drivers around. We lost our camera and he dropped it off with Captain Kathleen and she is shipping it back to us.

smiths9516,

WOW! Looks fantastic,thanks for the great idea!

I have emailed Kathleen for more info.

Can you tell me what the rates were?

Also,I take it you would need a taxi to reach the marina,that's the reason for Wally's phone #,right?

Thanks again!

We did the coolest thing in st. Thomas. We just got back from a cruise on the Golden Princess. When you get to st. Thomas grab a cab to the red hook ferry (about 20 bucks and a 20minute ride) take the ferry to st. johns Island (about 10 minutes from red hook, cost is 3 dollars apiece) from there grab a cab(these are usually open air trucks ) to cinnimon bay(about 10minutes) there you will find a secluded beach. you will be luckey if there are 20 people there. It is one of the most beutiful beach's I have ever been to. They have a little hut there were they rent snorkle equipment for 5 bucks and they sell beer for 2.50 a can along with some snacks. The snorkeling is unreal. head out to the point away from the hut (to the right if you are looking at the ocean) the snorkeling is unreal. you will have a great time there. It is a nat'l park. our boat left at five, so make sure you catch the ferry back an hour before your boat leaves. it runs on the hour. I guarentee you will love it there. by the way they require a 25 dollar deposit on the snorkel equipment. you will get it back whin you return it.
Exactly as I remember it 20 years ago when I did that annually and LOVED IT. Heading back there in January and hope to do exactly that and share it with my sis and BIL. I used to stay in the cottages there. Hoping to do the Red Hook ferry one way and the downtown one the other way and see St. Thomas from inside and out!

• 3 weeks later...

We took the day sail with interlinesail.com which was wonderful. Cannot say enough about it. $110 per person, little more than the ship but it was a private daysail with 2 other couples who were traveling with us. I highly recommend it. Go to their website and email them for availability.

Hi, our family has booked a return sail on the beautiful Winifred. We sailed with Captain Sharon and her first mast Tommy in the fall and had the time of our lives!! Sharon is gracious and Tommy is fun, funny, and snorkeled with us sharing his absolute love of the sea and we saw turtle, conch, starfish, and lots of fish. He would dive down and bring things up for us to see and take pictures. The Winifred is a wooden yawl and immaculate and has all the comforts of home as Sharon lived aboard many years. She took really special care of my mom and had her snorkeling like a trouper. We had a great lunch which my kids loved and also my mother!! Sharon has been daysailing for I think she said like 20 years from St. Thomas and just seems to really like sharing her Winifred with us and sailing her ship. We are going back again for a return trip in '05 with others in our family. Her website is http://www.sailwinifred.com and has lots of great information and pictures.

I'll add my two cents - there are so many private day sails and it comes down to preference of the boat and captain I believe. All do a wonderful job.

I recently went on the "Lou" with Captain Max and had a wonderful time. Very personalized service to what we wanted, not what they wanted to give, which impressed me. They have a full gourmet lunch, drinks all day and snacks. It is beautifully prepared and presented with fresh fruit and fresh flowers. The sailboat was a beautiful restored wooden sailboat. Absolutely gorgeous.

Basically you take a cab down to Red Hook, and they meet you there. It is usually from around 9 to 3:30. It will be an experience you won't forget - snorkeling and swimming around the beautiful waters, in private cays.

Their e-mail is seamax@islands.vi if you want to talk with them. They do alot of work with the guests from hotels as well. We came in on a cruise ship, but they work with both. Good luck and have a great time.

E-mail me with any questions. Their e-mail is http://www.sailwithcaptainmax.com I believe.

Archived