Tubing - How fit Do You Need To Be?

Kenato

I did Wacky Rollers tour with a group of 10 people last March.. ages ranged from 23 years old to 80! The 80 year old did great and in was perfectly fine with the activity level. You do need to be able to walk down a few stairs and climb out of the tube at the end, but there are plenty of people to help. There was also a man who was in a wheel chair who was in another group that went down with us. The guys carried him down the stairs to the tube and picked him up out of the tube at the end and carried him to his wheel chair. The guys were friendly and funny and were there to prevent people from getting stuck and along the way they were there to push you on your merry way. We are going back this month and are definitely going to call the Wacky Rollers again.

Just a note.. make sure you wear water shoes or something just in case. Have to walk on rock ground when getting into tube and it was nice to have protection when we bumped into rocks on the side of the river.

We just returned from the 12/13 Wind Surf Barbados RT and I agree with everything the poster said. Our tour spent 1.5 hours on the river and then went to Wotten Wave for a wonderful soak in the natural mineral pools (yellow due to disolved sulfer but no strong sulfer smell). A wonderful tour and we would go again.

Quick question, how much is the tour with Antours that includes the falls, fruit stand, stops for pictures, and then tubing?

Antours charges $57 for that tour. I did it with them in November 2008 and had a great time. About to go back to Dominica on another cruise in February, but will go scuba diving this time. Last time I wanted to see the gorgeous interior of the island and the river tubing trip was a great way to do that.

During the tubing how rough are the rapids. My Girlfriend has back issues and anything jarring or her having to twist and turn quickly can be painful. My feeling is that this is probably not the right excursion for us, but she really wants to do tubing, so I figured I would throw it out there...

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Has anyone done the Antours Tubing recently, someone just posted on a separate thread that they were made to wait for pickup and were very unprofessional! We are goin on this tour next month so just wondering if it was an isolated incident.

Archived