NCL Spirit prices

racepoint

I don't think it is totally outrageous, although expensive. Boston is an expensive port, and it is peak season to go....so, the prices will drop if the ship does not fill--but, you are still saving so much by cruising!!! :)

• 3 weeks later...

We are doing Boston To Bermuda May 1-7 2009 - 3 people in balcony room was $1000 each. The inside rooms were about $850 I believe. It sounds high but if I were to do a 7 night cruise out of Miami, it would be about $699 for a balcony plus airfare so it works out to be about the same price and such a treat not having to fly somewhere.

I did some checking for you and as others have said, the prices really go up once "summer" hits.

The Spirit starts sailing to Bermuda May 1st and from that date through June 12th, prices aren't bad. A random sailing I picked in June was 684.35 pp including port charges and taxes for an inside guarantee. May prices are even lower.

However, beginning June 12th through August 21st, the prices range between $133 and $291 pp higher, depending on the sailing. For some reason, the week of June 26th is the highest of the summer.

If you really want the best price, you will have to cruise prior to June 19th....sorry.

CG

I think there will be some very good last minute cruise discounts for insides. I think the there will be some softening of the prices (for insides) for May and September cruises based on (1) The economy, (2) Shoulder season, and (3) the fact the the Spirit has more than 500 additional berths to fill each week versus the prior ship (Majesty). Over the 20ish week season, that's over 10,000 extra berths to fill this season. Since the Majesty didn't have balconys, I think the price for balconys will be less prone to discounting.

We booked in early December for a balcony - and I'm cringing looking at your fares - paid $1,346 each with a $75 OBC each.

Thought I'd make you all feel like you got even MORE of a bargain. :p

The first time I did Boston to Bermuda I went for a rock bottom price. These last two times I've paid through the nose. I though as you got older you got smarter... (I do like a window so I know if it's day or night when I wake up from my daily vacation nap but no window is worth $100/day.) Duh. Feeling like a dope.

Jack, I'll see YOU on board!

Clare,

Quincy, MA

ncl wants $400 more for a balcony cabin than what we paid. We booked in January for a May cruise to Bermuda with an online agency that offered $50 more than the ncl promo for $150 obc for a balcony. Our last cruise we shopped around for our rcl cruise and got a good price plus gratuities. For the last two years we haven't been dealing directly with the cruiselines because of the price difference and perks.

Archived