Advice please!!

Sherry H

Going to book an Alaska cruise, Seward to Vancouver. Must choose between Ryndam (leaving Sept 11) or Veendam (leaving Sept 4) Cooler weather could be a factor either week?? How is the scenery (snow and glaciers) and wild life that time of year. I know the Ryndam has been refurbished, how about the Veendam?

[font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=blue]Congratulations on your decision to book an Alaska cruise!:) [/color][/size][/font]

[font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=blue]Both the Veendam and Ryndam are S class ships and are simular other than the Ryndam's SOE enhancements. You don't indicate if the ships have simular itineraries and the itinerary would be important if I were making the decision. You might look at the itinerary and see if one seems to be preferential. Either way, I think you will love Alaska, we loved it so much that we returned for a B2B cruise this last year. :) [/color][/size][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=blue][/color][/size][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=blue]Good luck!:cool: [/color][/size][/font]

[b][font=Comic Sans MS][color=blue]In 2003 we did back-to-back cruises on the Ryndam in Alaska at the end of August and first part of September. The day we were in Seward it poured! The day we were in Sitka - it poured! It was very cloudy and cold in Glacier Bay. But when we got to Ketchikan & Juneau it was warmer - but not as warm as the week before. [/color][/font][/b]
[b][font=Comic Sans MS][color=#0000ff][/color][/font][/b]
[b][font=Comic Sans MS][color=#0000ff]So dress in layers.[/color][/font][/b]
[b][font=Comic Sans MS][color=#0000ff]You'll love Alaska.[/color][/font][/b]

[font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=royalblue]My third cruise to Alaska was in early Sept. They said it was the best weather they'd had all summer. It was sunny (even in Ketchikan and Sitka) with some days in the 80's. So, you can never tell. [/color][/size][/font]

[font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=royalblue]By Sept. the snow and ice from last winter is all melted, and there isn't any to replace it yet. (Maybe in a week or two!) There could well be snow in the interior by then, but if you are doing cruise-only don't expect any.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=royalblue]I've been to Alaska in Spring, Summer, and Fall. I've had great weather each time, but that's strictly due to the Luck o' the Irish. [/color][/size][/font]

Archived