Cruise ship Port Picture Question.

CaribbeanSun53163

Hello Everyone,

I know I have posted in Royal Caribbean's Message board, but I have a different question I hope you can help me get answered :). I went to NYC to Pier 88 to take some pictures of the cruise ships in port and was able to go right up to the waterfront where the ship docks and was able to take pictures without a problem. Now, I recently went to pier 88 this past summer and was yelled at for going past the gate to take pictures of a cruise ship docked there and yet my friend went on a cruise this past september was able to take pictures at the pier and didn't get yelled at for doing so. If you could explain to me why I got yelled at for taking pictures of the ship this time and last time I didn't, I would really appreciate it. I would love to take pictures of cruise ships docked more there without a problem. Looking forward to hearing back from you all soon.

Sincerely,

Nick Smith

Hello Everyone,

I know I have posted in Royal Caribbean's Message board, but I have a different question I hope you can help me get answered :). I went to NYC to Pier 88 to take some pictures of the cruise ships in port and was able to go right up to the waterfront where the ship docks and was able to take pictures without a problem. Now, I recently went to pier 88 this past summer and was yelled at for going past the gate to take pictures of a cruise ship docked there and yet my friend went on a cruise this past september was able to take pictures at the pier and didn't get yelled at for doing so. If you could explain to me why I got yelled at for taking pictures of the ship this time and last time I didn't, I would really appreciate it. I would love to take pictures of cruise ships docked more there without a problem. Looking forward to hearing back from you all soon.

Sincerely,

Nick Smith

I have not been to the pier you are talking about and I do not know this for sure but one of the basic tenants of security is to keep the bad guys guessing. This could be related to port security and the fact that what is very strictly enforced one day might be less so on another. The fact that there is no set pattern but that there is strict security at times is a good deterent.

Again, just a guess - I doubt you will be able to get a definitive answer.

They had a "ticket" and you didn't! Today, with all the security, they don't want to take any chances, I guess. Maybe they thought you were doing something "shady".

Maybe if you hadn't gone "past the gate", they wouldn't have gotten upset????

They had a "ticket" and you didn't! Today, with all the security, they don't want to take any chances, I guess. Maybe they thought you were doing something "shady".

Maybe if you hadn't gone "past the gate", they wouldn't have gotten upset????

Even as ticketted passengers, on one or two cruises we have been told not to take pictures of the pier area where the ship is docked by security personnel as we move from the check in area to the actual boarding area. Security!

Archived