Renee sold out, any other suggestions?

glb911

We're doing Woodwind Tours in a couple of weeks while on Bonaire. They are the #1 rated attraction on Bonaire by Trip Advisor. See review below.

Cruizincrazy

Per the Copyright Infringements section in the Guidelines we all agreed to follow when registering for our free membership, the copy/paste text had to be removed. In the future, please show link only, no text.

Host Kat

glb - we are on the Summit with you! I tried to book Renee but also got a no go. I then tried Woodwind. I sent an e-mail in the AM and got a reply from Ulf in the afternoon. He even sent a picture of Deidre on the dock so we would know who to look for. I had a follow-up question and Ulf wrote right back. Lovely service so far! Hope you decide to book as well.

Here's their website.

• 2 weeks later...

I was in Bonaire last week and next time I'll simply catch a cab over to Plaza Beach where the snorkeling is great in shoulder deep water. We always take our own tubes and masks along anyway and you don't need fins here since you can see many things in shallow water. We saw many parrot fish, puffer fish, barracuda, octopus, and an eel here. There is also a good spot in view of the cruise ship. When you're at the cruise terminal look to the left and you'll see several small boats tied up. We snorkeled here also in very shallow water and saw many of the same things. There isn't any need to take a tour in Bonaire if you have your own equipment.

• 2 weeks later...

... for Woodwind Sail & Snorkel.

Day 5 (Fri., 11/28): Slight seas once again, 1.5-4’, 87F, partly cloudy / sunny. Port: Kralendijk (pronounced Kralen-dike) from 0800-1800. Once again we had room service coffee and juice @0730 & DR breakfast @0845 (Scottish eggs Benedict). Tour: Private (Woodwind Sail & Snorkel, $50pp). We met Dee @0930 at outside the pier gate and were told we go down to the catamaran @1000 (3 blocks away). In the meantime we browsed about the souvenir stands that were set up outside the gate in a small park. We got down to the dock at approx. 1015, and sailed off with a dozen or so other good cruise ship folks, Dee, the owner, Nina, the photographer, Tina, the “mate” & barkeep, and Fernando, the driver. Ulf, Dee’s husband (the normal captain) was unavailable this particular day. In any event, we snorkeled #2 areas / reefs off of Klein Bonaire for approx.30 minutes each, the gals served loads of beverages (various pops and liquors) and lunch consisted of individual platters of fried pork, chicken & banana, pasta salad, etc.). It was a 4 hour tour that was quite enjoyable. Dee & Nina acted as guides in the water and let everyone know (Nina & Dee each had a group of 5-6) the names of the various fishes, turtles, rays, etc. The boat was well maintained and the equipment was first rate although we had brought our own stuff.

Have a great cruise!

Bob:)

• 3 weeks later...
I'm arriving on the Summit in April

Woodwinds is full for the catamaran, but has an open hull boat. If I have my own equipment where can I snorkle safely.

The answer is almost anywhere. The entire lee shore is good. That's the side where Klein Bonaire is. The island is Boomerang shaped with Klein Bonaire in the crook. The dive sites are marked with yellow rocks on the side of the road. Shore snorkeling is quite good, in fact; that's where you go on the snorkel boats--the boats advantage is that they get you there easily and are able to go to Klein as well.

check http://www.bonairetalk.com for lots of divers and snorkelers comments

Archived