MSC Orchestra from RCCL Only Cruiser?

I'm debating entering a contest to win a cruise on the MSC Orchestra. I've only sailed RCCL, so I know absolutely nothing about this line or ship. Can anybody give me some feedback? I know I shouldn't turn down any kind of free cruise, but it would involve travel to/from FLL, along with time off of work.

Thanks!

Friends of ours sailed on the new MSC ship for New Year, they've sailed on several cruise lines including RCI, Celebrity, NCL and on the QE2. They said never ever again on MSC- the service was appalling, along with the fact that if you wanted tea/coffee etc., after breakfast had closed, you had to pay for it. 1 bread roll per person at dinner!!!!

We love cruising and would choose to cruise MSC rather than stay at home and certainly would not turn down a free cruise with them. However we did a Med Cruise from Genoa on the Orchestra in October 2008. In our opinion it is a really beautiful ship but thats where the good bits stop. Service was the worst ever -our stateroom attendant was great so no complaints, but the rest of the staff didn't seem to care.

The worst experience of cruising ever - the fellow passengers were rude and ignorant in the majority- queue what queue was the attitude. The food in the buffet was not always too our taste being very italian in influence and limited in choice - but the main dining room food was fine.

However we did meet a couple who had cruised only with MSC and it was their third one so they must have a different opinion advising us for what you pay it's great value.

Archived