Toddler in Diapers with Food Allergies

jojop

We're planning our 1st family cruise for Fall of 09 doing the Mexican Riveria. Our son will have just turned 3 and daughter will be 5. I understand that if your children are not potty trained, they are not allowed in the pools. Son is not potty trained but LOVES the water. Another complication is that he has minor asthma and food allergies. The allergic reactions are nothing too major (e.g. anaphalyxis). He needs a gluten, nut, egg and dairy free diet. It's pretty crazy. He pretty much lives off plain rice, steamed un-buttered veggies and grilled meats.

I'm trying to decide between RCCL Mariner OTS or Carnival Splendor. I know both will be accomodating but which line will he enjoy the most (e.g. water activities) and will give us that feeling of ease when it comes to his food service?

Thanks in advance!

Joe

You need to contact both lines about the food allergy thing....Special Needs Department.

Go with the one that will work with the food allergies---that seems to be the most important, IMO.

I don't think Mariner will allow him in any of the pools---and you wouldn't want "diapers" in your pool water, would you?

Don't know about the Carnival situation, regarding pools.

There are always beaches in ports...they have no restrictions.

Can't find any details. But do either of the two have a water "spray" type area similar to what I've seen at some land based water parks where the toddlers aren't immersed in the water, but can actually run around different water fountains, sprays, etc.

Archived