Cabin A347, Island Princess. Constant noise

jacketwatch

Just an FYI here. We just completed a Panama Canal cruise with friends who stayed in this cabin and had to move due to constant noise from above. I'm not sure what it is from but pools are above this room and I think its due to some sort of motors or H2O pumps or something like that. The noise was constant and they finally got a new cabin. A433 which was fine. The people next to them had to move as well for the same reason.

Just an FYI here. We just completed a Panama Canal cruise with friends who stayed in this cabin and had to move due to constant noise from above. I'm not sure what it is from but pools are above this room and I think its due to some sort of motors or H2O pumps or something like that. The noise was constant and they finally got a new cabin. A433 which was fine. The people next to them had to move as well for the same reason.

It has been mentioned many times, stay away from mid ship cabins under the pool area and try and get cabins between 2 decks of other cabins. :)

Good that they had available cabins to move to or it could have been a loooong cruise.

It has been mentioned many times, stay away from mid ship cabins under the pool area and try and get cabins between 2 decks of other cabins. :)

Good that they had available cabins to move to or it could have been a loooong cruise.

Oh well, I guess we will learn the hard way. We will have cabins A337 and 339 on the Coral Princess. We haven't cruised much before and I had not heard this before.

Oh well, I guess we will learn the hard way. We will have cabins A337 and 339 on the Coral Princess. We haven't cruised much before and I had not heard this before.

I have heard/read quite a few on the Grand Class ships but this is a first on the Coral/Island Princess. Hopefully you won't have the same problem. :)

• 1 month later...
  • 6 years later...

We have also learned the hard way to be sure to check on cruisecritic for the cabin number by ship before booking! We got A347 on Island Princess for a 31-day Mediterranean cruise. The same noise problem from the swimming pool pump still exists. The front desk claimed they didn't know what we were complaining about. They sent someone to our cabin, and he recognized the noise. We got them to shut the pump off between 11 PM and 6:30 AM. They gave us $200 goodwill credit. We couldn't move because all balcony cabins were full. Our cabin steward said that everyone who gets that cabin complains.

A second problem exists with this cabin. A metal cage to hold a maintenance crew member is parked directly outside the balcony. This offers a "partially obstructed view".