Aquaventure for Kids Shorter than 48 Inches?

qvenedandan

Hi all,

This is my first time posting in the Ports of Call board. Please bear with me if the question sounds silly.

My family can't wait to get on the beautiful GEM on 3/21/09. This would be the first time cruising for my kids (7 and 4 years old). We are tempering for the Aquaventure excursion. I read the details saying no water rides allowed for kids shorter than 48 inches. My 4 years old is 44 inches (actually she's relative tall in her age group, but still...)

By any chance you know if there are other activities (something like gentle flows, kiddie slides, etc.) that don't have the 48 inches minimum restriction? If there's nothing else available, we will then need to skip this option for sure.

Any of your recommendations are highly appreciated. Thank you in advance. :)

Best regards,

Mandy

Hi all,

This is my first time posting in the Ports of Call board. Please bear with me if the question sounds silly.

My family can't wait to get on the beautiful GEM on 3/21/09. This would be the first time cruising for my kids (7 and 4 years old). We are tempering for the Aquaventure excursion. I read the details saying no water rides allowed for kids shorter than 48 inches. My 4 years old is 44 inches (actually she's relative tall in her age group, but still...)

By any chance you know if there are other activities (something like gentle flows, kiddie slides, etc.) that don't have the 48 inches minimum restriction? If there's nothing else available, we will then need to skip this option for sure.

Any of your recommendations are highly appreciated. Thank you in advance. :)

Best regards,

Mandy

Mandy,

We will be on the same cruise with you I believe. 3/21 out of NYC? I am planning to do the same excursion and I have 2 children, 5 but shorter than allowed on slides and 14. Both boys. I'm sure that my Emmett will play with either or both of your children given the ages at some point during the cruise.

I have done some research on the issue you raise as it was a concern of mine as well. I have a pretty good sense that there is a tube type ride that goes fairly fast. There was a lazy river which the concensus is closed for an undetermined time. Then, I have the impression that there are mild slides that appeal to the little ones. On top of that, there are pools, the aquarium which you can spend a couple of hours in. I am banking on there being plenty for the little ones to stay occupied even if I have to work a little harder to make it happen.

Hope that helps. Anybody else that has further advise for both of us would be appreciated.

Have you joined the roll call? We are having a meet and greet on Sunday late morning. If not, go to the roll call and let them know. We have about 50 or 60 people involved on that thread.

Good luck.

Kate

Hi Kate,

Thank you very much for replying! Yes, I have joined the roll call and learned about that M&G on 3/22 (Sun) at 11am.

I am planning to call NCL Excursion Department tomorrow (Monday 3/2) for more details. I will get back to this post and share with you what I learn.

Are you going to do other excursion(s)? We will probably go to Disney, and not taking any excursion at the last port in Bahamas.

I just can't wait till 3/21... Here in NYC we are being hit by a snow storm, and we are expecting 8-12 inches of snow! X(

Take care,

Mandy

Check out this site:

http://www.atlantis.com/kids/pools/splashers.aspx

You might want to research this thread as there is a wealth of info about Atlantis and also about renting a room at the Comfort suites located next door to Atlantis... you get the use of everything at Atlantis. Might be cheaper than going thru the ship.

Check out this site:

http://www.atlantis.com/kids/pools/splashers.aspx

You might want to research this thread as there is a wealth of info about Atlantis and also about renting a room at the Comfort suites located next door to Atlantis... you get the use of everything at Atlantis. Might be cheaper than going thru the ship.

Thanks so much for the link! Actually I called the Excursion Dept, and the rep did NOT recommend Aquaventure for my kids at all!

I would love to research more about CS or other possible ways to use the kids pool facilities... Better do some homework now. :)

Best regards,

Mandy

Thanks so much for the link! Actually I called the Excursion Dept, and the rep did NOT recommend Aquaventure for my kids at all!

I would love to research more about CS or other possible ways to use the kids pool facilities... Better do some homework now. :)

Best regards,

Mandy

Wyndham resort has a nice pool with a smaller slide.. It has a nice beach area and is $40pp with lunch included. I'm not sure what the rate would be for the little ones.

Wyndham resort has a nice pool with a smaller slide.. It has a nice beach area and is $40pp with lunch included. I'm not sure what the rate would be for the little ones.

Does it mean we can just take the cab over to Wyndham resort and buy the package directly? Or we need to book for a room in advance?

Thanks a million,

Mandy

Does it mean we can just take the cab over to Wyndham resort and buy the package directly? Or we need to book for a room in advance?

Thanks a million,

Mandy

No need to buy before... This is not near Atlantis and has nothing to do with it. You do not need to rent a room... although the Sheraton next door (the 2 resorts share) did have a day room for $99 and it was for 4 people.

Archived