Children question

Will you like children next to your dining table?  

261 members have voted

1. 1. Will you like children next to your dining table?

• Yes, no problem
    • It´s fine if they´re not screaming
    • Only if they´re well behaved
    • I don´t think so
    • Noooo!

Agreed. That is where the head waiter should step in and take charge. But they won't cause they don't want to lose that tip. I remember reading a post, a few months ago, where a bunch of spring breakers were tossing wine bottles back and forth between tables. That bunch should have been put off the ship.

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

I would have freaked out. :eek: Yeah that would have ruined a perfectly good meal, that's for sure.

Hi everyone! I´m 35 and planing an Alaska cruise, and definetely one of our posibilities is a Royal Caribbean cruise. Would like to know if they´re family friendly (me, wife, my parents, 3 kids ages 6, 4 and 10 months old.

Just got off the EOS on 2/22. The table next to us of all adults was louder than my 3yo and 7 month old as well as my 6 and 9 yo neices. don't worry and have fun

Its imprtant for kids to eat in a formal setting. These days with kids eating in front of a tv half the time it si good for thme to learn proper etiquette. I have no problem with it as long as they aren't totally out of control.

RCI is child friendly, but I believe your children have to be at least three to be in the kids club. (Some lines are age two, some are three.) There may be some "tots" activities planned, but I'm not sure on RCI. I would like to take my kids on our upcoming cruise, but my DH thinks they are still too young to remember anything...they are four and five.

You know...it's not about what the kids remember, it's about what YOU remember, and about making a family experience together. The kids don't remember going to the park or the pool or the beach, etc, but you still take them because it's about living in the moment and having fun, not about whether or not they remember. Otherwise people wouldn't do ANYTHING with their kids until they are 4 or 5, because it wouldn't matter since they won't remember it.

To the OP: RCI is a very family friendly cruiseline. Take your kids and have a great time with them!!!

When I was in my late 20's (a LONG time ago!) -- I was on an AK cruise seated at a table with two lovely ladies in their 70's. The one complained about all the kids. Now this was a small ship and there was one family with three kids (about 10-15YO) who were among the original home-schoolers -- and these kids were VERY VERY well behaved (think Stepford children scary well behaved!).

It really is just perspective as it turns out that the woman was complaining about the 20-30YOs (to her they were "kids"). She assured me that my SO and I were "just fine".

but my DH thinks they are still too young to remember anything...they are four and five.

That's sad. :(

My 4 year old would have to disagree. :p

And just to remind her, she has YET to take off her "Royal Caribbean braclet" - aka, the muster station ID - and it's been a month already. :eek: I have tried everything to get this kid to remove that braclet. My hubby says I need to cut it off while she sleeps...but I can't do that to her...lol.

I am betting she will still have it on when we board the next ship in 3 months. :D

As a parent I have no issues with a well behaved child sitting at the table with me. I usually don't bring my kid with me on cruises since we usually want a relaxation vacation (We do disneyland for the family trips). On a past cruise we were seated with another couple with a 5 year old and it was wonderful. The child was very behaved and well mannered. What I would not wan't to deal with is a whiny, noisy and bratty kid at the table. As a parent I know that some days your kid is great and others not so great. I would hope that other parents realize this and settle for the Windjammer on a no so great night. I hope to have many more pleasent experiences in the future and we are also planning next years cruise and taking our daughter with us this time. :)

I agree that 4 year olds remember. My daughter is 8 and this summer will be her 5th cruise and she loves and cherishes everyone. We have never CONSIDERED going on a cruise without all 3 of our kids. Now our kids are very respectful and would be strung up if they acted poorly on board or at a port. We expect them to use all of their manners at dinner. They know that there are places where it is appropriate to run and play and places where it is appropriate to sit and be respectful. Last eyar we went to Jamaica and toured an elementary school. My kids loved it and it gave them great insight and appreciation for the facilities they have here in the states.

may or may not want. RCCL IS a family friendly cruiseline. Your kids are welcome. Just like in any restaurant, if they are screaming take them out. There are going to be people saying not to bring them. Do what you and your family want.

Have fun!

Is a 10 month old child really ready for a 2 hour dinner experience? Really?

Windjammer seems to be a much better choice for a 10 month old.

JMHO

jc

We brought our 7 month old every night we went to the MDR, 7 out of 9 nights. we brought her in her stroller or car seat and she either sat there or fell asleep.

You weren't on Indy a few weeks ago were ya? Kidding, I'm kidding. ;)

Sorry, I couldn't resist. :p

I agree, parents should remove kids that aren't behaving. But I also have a problem with adults who have no table manners. And they aren't removed. ;)

Michelle, I think I love you! :D We simply must cruise together someday! Kids included, of course!

Is a 10 month old child really ready for a 2 hour dinner experience? Really?

Windjammer seems to be a much better choice for a 10 month old.

JMHO

jc

My niece was 9 months old, and we fed her before dinner, and then wheeled her into the dining room in her stroller which was placed between our table and the wall so that it wasn't in the way of the wait service. She slept through the majority of the meal, and when she was awake, the dining team fussed over her! There was absolutely no issue or problem having her with us in the MDR.

As well, dinner for us is rarely longer than 1 hour and 15 minutes, and never close to 2 hours. (Early Seating) We set the pace with the wait team, and with all the activity going on around the dining room, the kids are plenty entertained. It's not like they have to perfectly sit still and become bored to tears for 2 hours.

I have kids, but when they're not with me, I'd prefer NOT to be with other folk's kids! Generally, they won't seat families with small children alongside couples without kids.

We've been seated at a table with kids once or twice. The children were delightful and were usually off to Adventure Ocean before we were done with our entree. If the kids were acting up, then that is another story!

Archived