RUBY 2/14 sailing REALLY LONG review!!!

Jessica33

I like the review but I can't imagine "saving" a chair for yourselves and not using it till later when you wanted it. I would like to believe that you honestly didn't realize it wasn't fair to other people. Please follow the rules and treat people how you would like to be treated. I am pretty sure you wouldn't want to come down to the pool and see there was no chairs for you because they all had towels on them are were "taken". :(

I have to admit that I was enjoying your post until I read about the chair hogging. I had to read it several times to make sure I was correct, then I switched off and did not read anymore.

This spoils the cruising experience.

For those of you and many of you who are calling me a "chair hog", what I don't think you understood was we were leaving our towel down to eat breakfast and returning to it 20 minutes later. I was one of the few people that didn't leave a towel there all day and rarely sit by the pool. But then again I don't have to justify myself to many of you who managed to find such negativity in my review as opposed to some other people who found it helpful. For those of you who found it helpful I am glad and for those of you who I annoyed or got clearly extremely upset I am sorry for that too. I didn't think putting a towel and magazine down for a 20 minute breakfast is a crime. All I did was tell the truth and sorry that I did not specify the EXACT amount of time I left the chair (if that is allowed of course.) I have read previous reviews were people are constantly negative and get extremely rude but I didn't think I would experience it myself when I all I wanted to do is give some people a few ideas. Its kind of pathetic how angry people got over a chair, but then again I had a fabulous vacation and could care less about getting called a chair hog!

Crusin Chris...Take it easy its a review, and get a life ! If everything I wrote bothered you so much and you actually took the time to make rude snide comments then thats even sadder, here's a tip STOp Reading ! Thanks

We've often thought of cruising to Jamaica and keep reading that it is dangerous and full of drug solicitations. Thanks for giving a candid review. That's what makes this board so helpful. Sounds like you still managed to have a great time at the other ports. Thanks

Great detailed review - thanks alot!! DIdnt realize low lifes can still afford to cruise but based on some of these replies I must be wrong. Doesnt seem like saving a chair to grab a bite is a crime; everyone does it so whats the big deal. When you guys go to the bathroom do you give up your chair???? I DONT THINK SOOO....Excellent informative detailed review that must have took some serious so why dont we all just thank Jessica33 for her review :)

Thanks, seriously, for your time, effort and honesty in posting a review.

Very informative!

I have to say though that the most interesting part is how you were able to obtain and consume the wonderful breakfast you described.......in just 20 minutes :rolleyes:!

CruisinChris- If I were you before evaluating other peoples posts on a cruise blog website I would evaluate your life at age 45. Is this seriously what you do on weekends - trash other peoples nice reviews?? Try seeing the good in things...

Questions

1)Wondering about the shows...we go to every one of them on rccl.....did you have any issues getting into them? Were they good?

The shows were great! We went to the Broadway Ballroom, which is a must see and then we also went to some of the Once Upon a Dream show, which seemed really good, a little more child-oriented though. The comedians were hysterical! They got one that was right off the Jay Leno show and he was just hilarious! The second was just as funny and the third one, we saw him last year on the Crown and he was pretty funny too. Just don’t sit in the front row :0) Everything is worth going to, we did miss the first night shows, so I can’t tell you how that was.

2)One question about your statement of Ocho Rios. You said they took it off the itinerary. Is that for the remainder of this cruise season or next year? We are leaving on Sat. and our itinerary says "Ocho Rios".

Are there places in the shade on Princess Cays? Any hammocks?

Yes you are still going to Ochos Rios, they changed the port for next year I believe, I don’t know the exact date. But the woman working in the office where you book Future Cruises, she informed me of it, and was saying how so many people complain about Ochos Rios. So tat information was obtained by her.

There were a lot of seats in the shade but I don’t recall seeing hammocks, you may have to ask around for that. Hope this helps !

"Although they do not allow saving chairs it worked well for us"!

I'm sure this is the line that got everyone up in arms. I realize that you don't have to justify your actions to anyone (including me), however, this line comes across as you admitting to knowing the policy and abusing it anyway. Obviously you didn't abuse the policy as you just clarified, but too many people DO abuse it and that is why people get so upset. Sorry they took it out on you.:eek:

Thanks for the great review. We are leaving on the March 28th sailing of the Ruby and we are going to those same ports. Each time I've been to Jamaica I have been offered marijuana and I felt very uncomfortable. My 16 year old daughter was even offered some "Bob Marley". Not cool. I'm glad they are taking that port off the itenerary.

Once again, thanks for the review and I'm sorry you got caught up in a firestorm.

The sushi varied ever night at Vines. When we had our wine flight we had Tuna, Salmon, and Shrimp sushi, which was all delicious and very fresh (not comparable to the sushi buffet) A few nights we walked in and saw King Crab, Eel, and a bunch of others. They rotate nighly. We have been having the sushi from Vines on the past 3 cruises and they have always been very good. Also right in Vines they have this huge cheese display and fresh meats that were all very good too. If you do a wine flight they give you this amazing potatoe with fresh melted cheese and Italian meats for free. Very good!

CruisinChris- If I were you before evaluating other peoples posts on a cruise blog website I would evaluate your life at age 45. Is this seriously what you do on weekends - trash other peoples nice reviews?? Try seeing the good in things...

Adam - thanks for taking the time to look up my age and tossing it out there like it's a big deal. You've peppered this thread without stepping up and saying you're Jessica's boyfriend.

PS I didn't trash her review...I pointed out some misconceptions/error which might be misleading to other inexperienced cruisers and commented, as did others, on the chair hogging thing. BTW, we never both leave our chairs, once claimed, at the same time, being well aware that they're at a premium.

Great Review Jessica...

We are on the boat March 21st. Last March we sailed to Hawaii. There was a bartender named James in Crooners on the Diamond. I hear he is the James that is on the Ruby. I also heard that he is leaving on March 21st. Did you happen to hear him say if or when he was leaving??? He was the absolute best bartender we have ever had. I was looking forward to seeing him again.

Thanks

Dan

What does me being her BF have to do with anything?? I would have responded the same way to your remarks had I seen them on any post. All you provided were sarcastic and rude comments. I feel bad you and your "partner" dont enjoy lunch together for a few minutes knowing you can go back to your loungers. And who made you the mecca know it all of crusing? You know what people shop for when traveling? You know its a clearnence sail not a outlet?

There are two piers in Jamaica - one passenger and the one we docked at that is being rebuilt into a passenger. And they didnt build a dock at princess cay because the water is to shallow.

In summary before you comment in the future get your facts straight and dont attack unless you have reason to.

I was on this same cruise and was just as impressed especially with the food, but that was just part of a most enjoyable cruise as the new Ruby and her crew did not disappoint. This was my 12th Princess cruise but first to the western carribean and I really was treated as well as I have learned to expect from Princess. Three more cruises and I arrive at elite status, and a few additional perks.

For those of you and many of you who are calling me a "chair hog", what I don't think you understood was we were leaving our towel down to eat breakfast and returning to it 20 minutes later...... I was one of the few people that didn't leave a towel there all day I didn't think putting a towel and magazine down for a 20 minute breakfast is a crime.

Wahhh Wahhhh Wahhhh...everyone else does it.....:mad:

A chair hog is a chair hog is a chair hog. Did your copy of the Princess Patter say that reserving chairs was not allowed or did it say that 20 minutes was OK?

Dude... we're all here on the weekend, including yourself who is also evaluating another person's post. :rolleyes:

Yes James is absoluetly fantastic ! I believe he said he was going on his 2 month break soon but I am unsure what date exactally he said. Both him and Florian are going around the same time. Someone else may know, sorry!

I wasn't aware we were still going on about the chair hog thing...sad....

Great detailed review - thanks alot!! DIdnt realize low lifes can still afford to cruise but based on some of these replies I must be wrong. Doesnt seem like saving a chair to grab a bite is a crime; everyone does it so whats the big deal. When you guys go to the bathroom do you give up your chair???? I DONT THINK SOOO....Excellent informative detailed review that must have took some serious so why dont we all just thank Jessica33 for her review :)

you have been added to the EOCH (aka YUCK) list. See your magazines on the water too.

Rex

When all you cruisers take a dip in the pool do you take all your belongings with you to the pool - I DONT THINK SO....You are all guilty of this in your own way....Rules are meant to be broken....GET A LIFE

And REX - Are you really using the word YUCK; go play with your cats....

Jessica, thank you so much for your informative review. BTW, don't let it bother you about the whiners and flame throwers. I thought they were all on Celebrity's site; but I guess since Celebrity's quality has diminished, they are all now sailing Princess and coming to this site to abuse posters.:eek:

Thanks for the great review Jessica. Can you tell us about cabins on the Ruby Lido deck. I wondered if they are windy or rough being so high. I think you said your cabin was on thar level. We are booked on the Ruby Lido next year.

Archived