Upgrade at pier from Guarantee?

Thats what happens when you book a quarantee. If cabins are avaiilable you can pay for an upgrade.

Going NOWHERE
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=000080&cdt=2004;10;22;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]

Miracle, February 13, 2005
Legend, October 22,2004
Voyager August 31,2003
Victory September 22,2002
Regal Empress,June 2001
Sensation,August 2000

You can if the cabin is available. What happens is, you have to wait until after they finish boarding everyone. Then you can go to the purser's desk and ask for availability.

I had a guarantee on my last cruise and was unable to get upgraded even though there was availability when I checked in. By the time the ship finished the embarkment process, there were no cabins available.

I would suggest booking the exact cabin you want. If you think you might want an upgrade - do it now.

Maureen

Princess Sun 2/27/2005
Mariner of the Seas 10/15/2005

8 cruises to date.

iluvcrusi, thanks for the info. Am not really expecting to upgrade. Have never been on the Voyager and would have to pay $300 more (for 2) to actually pick the lowest balcony category. Since none of them are obstructed view--what would be a less desirable cabin?

I have done paid upgrades at the pier for a significant savings over having them booked them ahead and I always try to book a GTY cabin.

Ask when you get check in and you just may get lucky.

RCI(37),NCL(11),Princess(1),HAL(2),Celebrity(3), Carnival(2), Eastern Cruise Lines(13),Radisson(2), Star Clippers(1),Home Lines(2), Costa(5),Others (20)

Archived