Back from the Emerald - some thoughts...pretty long

WJBonds

Opinions about food are very subjective. I had a great meal in the Crown Grill on Emerald last month, which I would characterize as comprable to high end New York restaurants. Just my opinion, however.

Agree totally. The meal we had in the Crown Grill on the Emerald in August was so fabulous, we booked another one a few nights later. While I have not eaten at many New York restaurants, I have eaten lots of steak in Houston and Kansas City, and I thought the Crown Grill steak was comparable to or better than Ruth Chris, Morton's, and other great steakhouses. Not to mention the desserts!!! Just fabulous. If you ask, they will bring you a "sampler" dessert tray with small portions of most of their dessert offerings. Can't wait to get on the Ruby in April and make sure my assessment was right!!:D

I thought the food and service in Crown Grill was excellent this past November.

Lounge hogs were present in full force in Nov too.

I have to say I found RC Explorer of the Seas (sister to Mariner) very comparable to Princess mega ships. There were definitely areas that felt crowded on RC too, Promenade comes to mind. The lines have more in common than not, IMO.

ENJOY

We were on the same cruise and have no complaints about the food at all. The lounge hogs is a different story. I was out for 3 hours and the 2 lounges next to me had towels in them and just before I was going to go in a lady came and pulled her towel off of them. The next day there were two people next to me and left there towels in their chair when they left and never came back. It was windy so they blew away.

It's terrible when they "accidentally blow away", isn't it?? Truly tragic.

Hi, Thank you for your review on Emerald. We are getting ready to sail on Emerald in April. We too will have anytime dining and would like a table for 2, 20 mins seems pretty good. What time did you usually go? Also, an interesting comment on the shows being repeated...we are not big show people anyway, but wondering if there was any good piano bar or contemporary music in any of the other lounges at night? Also, any comments on what you did in the ports is always appreciated.

Thanks again

Archived