New S&S cards COOL!

newt98

Yeah... well, that's why I added the 'or hopefully so.'

I have never known you to attack or insult anyone for expressing their opinion and I have great respect for you for that...

Thank you

I don't

I didn't

and I was just making an observation.. I think everyone could use a reality check now and then ;)

As long as the card works.. All should be good!

Thank you

I don't

I didn't

and I was just making an observation.. I think everyone could use a reality check now and then ;)

As long as the card works.. All should be good!

you go girl!!! There aren't many people around as nice as you are.

I hope they are not making everyone turn their card in at the end of their cruises':(

I too save my cards after every cruise, kind of like a little souvenir of mine ...reminding me of what dining room I was in and what cabin,

I often show them off to people I know that arent cruisers;) YET.

so It is kind of like free advertising ...LOL

I think everyone might end up trying that " I lost my card" trick

and the next thing you know ...they would add a charge for replacing the darn thing...heaven forbid:eek:

I also do think that they should perk up the differences between the cards somewhat ...they are just not "different enough ", in my opinion as well .

Those that are platinum should have more of a recognition then what these cards are showing :eek:

I may not be close yet ... but it gives me something to work towards , ya know ?

You are not the only one, I don't like them either.

1. They're not really bold at all, looks all the same upon "First glance".

2. They look G, I mean, feminine

Sorry, but I don't like it.

Am I the only one that doesn't like them? :rolleyes: They all look alike.

Platinum doesn't stand out like before. :(

Thanks for the info.... I guess my card will have to wind up getting "lost" on the cruise, and i'll have to get a new one issued at the pursers desk..:rolleyes:

Come on Carnival, if it ain't broke, don't fix it!! Keep the old card styles, and let us keep our cards !!

We just got off the Splendor and was dissapointed becuase they made us turn in our cards.... I always had them in my scrapbook from past cruises:(

Thanks for the info.... I guess my card will have to wind up getting "lost" on the cruise, and i'll have to get a new one issued at the pursers desk..:rolleyes:

Come on Carnival, if it ain't broke, don't fix it!! Keep the old card styles, and let us keep our cards !!

FYI...they did not collect our cards when we disembarked the Spirit 2/24.

There has been some discussion here that maybe :confused: they had to collect them to do a manual count - if there was a problem with the machines??

Let's hope that the card collection was an isolated event :o.

So, after reading this thread, I went and checked the S&S cards from our recent cruise...

My husband was a first-time cruiser but lost his S&S card on the first day and got a replacement. I just assumed that's why his card was different. I never knew until this thread that my son and I had the gold cards because we were past cruisers. I guess I didn't notice that other cruisers had different colored S&S cards either.

I can understand expecting some recognition (and perks) from Carnival for being a loyal cruiser but, honestly (and just my opinion, obviously), I can't imagine why it would matter whether other people can easily tell by getting a glimpse of your S&S card. :confused:

Are they as plain and unrecognizable as they appear on this thread?
Plain?

new-ss-cards.jpg

Unrecognizable? I seriously don't get it.

These are beautiful new designs --not a storm in a teacup!

See the blue?

See the gold?

See the platinum?

Reeel hard to tell apart, huh! :cool:

Plain?

Unrecognizable? I seriously don't get it.

See the blue?

See the gold?

See the platinum?

Reeel hard to tell apart, huh! :cool:

At first glance yes they can be hard to tell them apart. And on John's blog, he states "It’s hard to see on the screen but the cards do say Gold and Platinum on the top of the cards."

Perhaps I should have worded my question differently. I am curious if anyone has actually gotten to use these new cards and if the different cards stand out (ie Platinum) or if they just blend together?

At first glance yes they can be hard to tell them apart. And on John's blog, he states "It’s hard to see on the screen but the cards do say Gold and Platinum on the top of the cards."

Perhaps I should have worded my question differently. I am curious if anyone has actually gotten to use these new cards and if the different cards stand out (ie Platinum) or if they just blend together?

Hey Doug - how have you been??

You know, about these cards, if it does not show well in these pictures (the fact that they say GOLD or PLATINUM) you have to wonder how well they would show in the real world!

I will take whatever card they give me... though I think some modifications would still prove useful.

Tom

Hey Doug - how have you been??

You know, about these cards, if it does not show well in these pictures (the fact that they say GOLD or PLATINUM) you have to wonder how well they would show in the real world!

I will take whatever card they give me... though I think some modifications would still prove useful.

Tom

Doing well. Single now and able to cruise a little more. :D I'm taking my new GF on her first Carnival cruise this Sept. I figured I'd spoil her a little with a Cat 7A Balcony on the Legend.

I couldn't agree with you more. I like the modifications made on one of the earlier posts. Color in the background with the appropriate color (Blue, Gold or Platinum).

I'd still like to hear from someone who has actually gotten to sail with the new S&S card.

I took my first cruise in January on the Fantasy. We all still have our cards. Must depend on the ship.

On a side note I spend 2 full days looking for the Purser's desk before I figured out the "Information Desk" and the Purser's Desk were one in the same:o

Archived