Where To Make Reservations for Dinner

Sweet Dreams

When you arrive on the Pearl where is the best place to go to make reservations for the speciality resturants for the week understanding that you can only reserve 2 days ahead of time.

As I recall, the restaurant reservationist is on the end of the reception counter (right-hand end as you face the counter).

Or you can simply take a chance and not make reservations at all. And simply show up. You may just find, as we did, that there was NO wait, no need for reservations, except at one restaurant on one night. We simply went to another.

We have always made them at the reception desk, some ships have the restaurant agents at the left and some the right. If you want, you can go directly to the restuarant or call them, but we have found out it works better to use the desk..

In many cases you can wait until that day or just try to walk up and see if there is anything available. If you do this be prepared to be disappointed as the week goes on. The closer to the end of the cruise, the harder it is to get the date and time that works for you. It depends on the dining room as well, Tapanyakis is almost impossible, Le Bistro and Cagney's often fill up as well. The lessor ones will generally have tables available.

Nita

Does this mean that when you board the ship and want to make a reservation for that night you need to go to the reception desk? I will be on the Pearl at the end of this month and want to make reservations for the first night and second. Isn't there a taste sampling of each specialty restaurant when you board and you can make reservations right then and there for the next two nights?

Also, we are staying in a balcony which means 48 hours before, so if I want to make a reservation for Wednesday evening, I need to make it on Monday evening. So I could not call Monday morning and get my reservation for Wednesday evening?

I was on the Pearl two years ago, and I was able to call from my stateroom every morning at 7:00 a.m. to make reservations for the next night, and always got through. What are other people's results as to calling vs. going to the reservation desk?

On the Spirit last week, on day 2, we had a nice lady going from table to table in Raffles during breakfast asking if anyone wanted to book at a specialty restaurant for any day of the whole week. We booked on Monday for Friday. The class of room made no difference because we were in an inside room.

We were also on last week (2/22-3/1) and noticed reservation "desks" in multiple areas of the ship; sorry I can't be more specific as to location but it seems to me they were everywhere so they should be easy to find.

NOTE: If you are planning on the hibachi restaurant (Teppanyaki) book *EARLY* as there is only 1 table for 10 and I believe only 3 seatings per night.

Hope this helps!

Archived