Cost of Sodas in the Room?

Tom O.

Can anyone, who has sailed recently, tell me how much they were charged for drinking one of those cans of soda that the steward keeps stocked in your refrigerator?

I seem to remember, last time I sailed NCL, that I could order a six pack of soda from room service. Is this true? Or am I mixing this up with a different cruise line. If this is true, what is the charge?

Can anyone, who has sailed recently, tell me how much they were charged for drinking one of those cans of soda that the steward keeps stocked in your refrigerator?

I seem to remember, last time I sailed NCL, that I could order a six pack of soda from room service. Is this true? Or am I mixing this up with a different cruise line. If this is true, what is the charge?

It is $2/can (or very close, maybe $2.01), same price as anywhere else on the ship. No 6-packs from room service, don't know if they ever offered it or not, but they do not currently offer it. Well, you could order 6 cans from room service but you wouldn't get a discount. :)

I also recommend bringing your own.

The room is stocked with maybe 2 diet cokes, 2 cokes, 2 sprites, 2 tonic waters. If you use up those 2 then you probably will have to wait several days before they get re-stocked by the room steward. They don't normally just re-stock with the daily cleaning of your cabin.

Tom.. if you drink say Diet Coke and you are concerned that two in your room isn't enough (which would be my concern), you may ask your cabin steward to stock up on Diet Coke and maybe take away things you feel you will not be drinking that are in the fridge. Thats what we do. One caution is that when they do that, they do pre-charge you for those items you ask them to stock extra. Only reason I say I caution you on that is just to make sure you know you need to consume them before you go and not waste your money.. 8-). I'm one of those that don't mind paying for the soda because I don't drink a lot of them during the week, but paying for one and not getting to drink it would drive me crazy.. LOL

Thanks for the replies.

I don't mid paying $2 each for the occasional soda. Last time I sailed, I think it was $1.50. I have found that the soda card is not worth the price, at least in my case.

I can save a few dollars by sneaking some sodas on-board, but the savings is not significant when compared to other on-board expenses, so I just don't bother with it. I will sneak some booze on board though - that is some very significant savings.

Example: If I lug in 12 cans of soda, I will save about $18. But if I sneak in a fifth of bourbon I will save about $50.

Archived