Taxi Charges - Hong Kong and Singapore

nadalina

Can anyone please tell me how much the taxi charges are as follows:

1. From the Hong Kong airport to the cruise ship terminal?

2. From the Singapore cruise ship terminal to the airport?

Thanks,

Peggy

Can anyone please tell me how much the taxi charges are as follows:

1. From the Hong Kong airport to the cruise ship terminal?

2. From the Singapore cruise ship terminal to the airport?

Thanks,

Peggy

From the Singapore Cruise Terminal about $15 Singapore Dollars

if its before 9 am or later at night add %30 tipping is not required in S/Pore Grumphy.

I know this will sound complex, but it is very simple... I promise. Take the train from Hong Kong airport all the way to Central. While the Kawloon station is closer to the ship, there are no taxis anywhere that we could find.

From central, take a taxi to the Star Ferry which is only a few blocks and costs about $2 USD. There the Star Ferry leaves every few minutes directly to the ship terminal... literally. The ferry cost is $.25 US cents.

Others may know the cost for a direct taxi. But the train is very efficient, fast and modern. You will then get a chance to ride the 7 min, world famous Star Ferry across the harbor. It's an amazing start to your time in Hong Kong :)

This plan btw will not work for anyone with more luggage than they can physically carry themselves. We were one suitcase each and did great. Any more than that and it would have been too much. (On a side note, the taxis in HK are quite small by US standards. He literally had to strap our suitcases into the trunk with bungy cords since even 1 each was more than the cab could handle!)

Enjoy Hong Kong... it's a trip!

• 1 month later...

I don't suggest you take a taxi right from the airport to the terminal. As anchorage1977 mentioned, you could take the airport express from the airport to Kowloon Station. It costs HK$90 one-way and takes less than 30 minutes. From the Kowloon Station you could take a taxi (there are station staff there and they could help you to get a taxi, but there is a taxi stand there anyway) or take the free shuttle bus K2 and take off at the Marco Polo Hotel, which is the nearest alighting spot for the terminal.

Hope this would help.

Taking the train is simply not an option. Too much heavy luggage and I am traveling alone. Are you saying there are no taxis stationed regularly on call at the Hong Kong Airport that I can just walk outside the international arrivals area and hire to take me to Ocean Terminal on the Kowloon side?

Taking the trains and ferries without luggage doesn't intimidate me in the least, but just arriving after traveling for 31+ hours with lots of luggage makes me know, without doubt, that all I will want to do is fall into the back seat of a taxi and then dropped off at my ship.

Hope to hear from posters again about taxi options, but if taxis are not normally at the airport for immediate hire, then I will consider a limo service.

Thanks so much for the information.

Peggy

I don't suggest you take a taxi right from the airport to the terminal. As anchorage1977 mentioned, you could take the airport express from the airport to Kowloon Station. It costs HK$90 one-way and takes less than 30 minutes. From the Kowloon Station you could take a taxi (there are station staff there and they could help you to get a taxi, but there is a taxi stand there anyway) or take the free shuttle bus K2 and take off at the Marco Polo Hotel, which is the nearest alighting spot for the terminal.

Hope this would help.

This is OT, but can you tell me about your Tortoise? From the photo I can not tell if it is real or fake. Thanks.

I am looking forward to coming back to Hong Kong next year.

Taking the train is simply not an option. Too much heavy luggage and I am traveling alone. Are you saying there are no taxis stationed regularly on call at the Hong Kong Airport that I can just walk outside the international arrivals area and hire to take me to Ocean Terminal on the Kowloon side?

Taking the trains and ferries without luggage doesn't intimidate me in the least, but just arriving after traveling for 31+ hours with lots of luggage makes me know, without doubt, that all I will want to do is fall into the back seat of a taxi and then dropped off at my ship.

Hope to hear from posters again about taxi options, but if taxis are not normally at the airport for immediate hire, then I will consider a limo service.

Thanks so much for the information.

Peggy

Taxis are always available outside the airport. If cost is not an issue for you it is definitely the best and easiest option. I have no idea of how much it costs for a taxi ride from the airport to the cruise terminal but there is a big board listing out all the transportation options and, if I remember correctly, there is a guide of how much it costs for a taxi ride from the airport to various landmark locations.

This is OT, but can you tell me about your Tortoise? From the photo I can not tell if it is real or fake. Thanks.

I am looking forward to coming back to Hong Kong next year.

It's a fake one, Jade, but it's cute. Thanks for visiting us and hope you would have a great time here.

If you are sure about the Ocean terminal then a taxi from the airport will cost you 380.- HK$ incl. all tolls etc.

However please make sure your ship is really at the Ocean Terminal and that you are not out in Kennedy Town then you will be looking at someting like 500,- HK$ since there is an extra Toll for the tunnel across to HK Island.

If you are sure about the Ocean terminal then a taxi from the airport will cost you 380.- HK$ incl. all tolls etc.

However please make sure your ship is really at the Ocean Terminal and that you are not out in Kennedy Town then you will be looking at someting like 500,- HK$ since there is an extra Toll for the tunnel across to HK Island.

My SO is a crew member on the Crystal Symphony and they are definitely docking at Ocean Terminal, at least during this 2009 season.

Thanks so much for this information.

Peggy

My SO is a crew member on the Crystal Symphony and they are definitely docking at Ocean Terminal, at least during this 2009 season.

Thanks so much for this information.

Peggy

Assuming you haven't been on her yet, you'll find Symphony is a great ship. And that's one way to get a chance to see your SO. :D

Assuming you haven't been on her yet, you'll find Symphony is a great ship. And that's one way to get a chance to see your SO. :D

Hi, Nancyquilts. My SO and I have been together for over 12 years and I have been on the Symphony several times. We are very fortunate that Crystal allows family visits, including SOs, for their crew members who have reached a certain position.

You are certainly right.... the Symphony is a wonderful ship. She is just the perfect size, in my opinion, and I love the intimate feeling onboard that is impossible to achieve on the megaliners. This will be my first time in Asia, though, so to say I am looking forward to it is a considerable understatement. My flight leaves at 6:30 tomorrow morning and I'm packed and ready to go!!

Archived