L shaped rooms on carnival conquest

TXGIRL09

Hey everyone-

We will be setting sail on October 4th on the Carnival Conquest out of Galveston. I am looking at a room to book. Does anyone have experience with the "L" shaped rooms on the very back of the boat- #7434 and #7439?? We are wanting a balcony, and on the empress deck it gives me a lot of availabe rooms on the back of the boat. I didn't know what these were. It will just be 2 of us- and it will be our honeymoon. Thanks for anyone who has any imput!

Thanks!

We are booked in 7434 for our November cruise. If you book that one, let me know how you liked it. My friends had the exact room on the upper deck and it was cute. I loved the fact that the bed faced the balcony. I'm sure there are lots of pictures if you ask.

I had the "L" shaped cabin on the conquest, deck 6. It is a trade off...the balcony is longer that others....same depth....with just two of you, no real advantage...I missed the couch. I loved having the curtians open and laying in bed facing the two huge picture windows looking out to the balcony and the ocean. Bathroom location didnt bother me at all. In fact I kinda liked it being further inside the room. I alslo the the little cove the room doors were located. I could leave the door open while we were inside and hear announcements, without lookyloos walking down the hallway looking in my cabin like I do to other people when they leave their doors open...;). My next conquest is the aft balcony. Looking forward to that.

I had 6450 on Conquest a few years ago. Loved the balcony, didn't like not having a couch or how close the bathroom door was to the beds.... but it's a give & a take. :)

The information provided was of great help since my cruise is set for 08/09/2009, on the Conquest- cabin #6450. Someone else provided a link for some pics that were very useful. We don't plan on being in our rooms except for sleeping so the issue of not having a sofa is okay with us.

Archived