Getting from Ft. Lauderdale Airport to Port of Miami...

SGriff1317

Hi Everyone,

We are traveling in a group of 6 adults. Does anyone have any suggestions on the transportation from FLL airport to the Port of Miami? Open to any options, don't want to spend a fortune, want to make sure we aren't running around looking for a way to get to the port. It would also be nice having someone waiting for us when we got off the boat.

Thanks for your help!

We are going to have a group of six also. I decided to go the limo route. I received several quotes for limo service that were anywhere from $110 including tip, to up to $200.00. We ended up going with a Hummer Limo which holds 15. Got it for $175.00 (without tip) Figured we needed the extra space for my son and daughter's luggage. (neither one understands traveling light) plus the fun factor of riding in a Hummer Limo for the kids and their 2 friends.

We had a regular limo pick us up on our last cruise in 2007. The driver was waiting for us at baggage claim holding a sign with our names on it. My whole family thought were were just going to Miami to hang out on a beach for a week. Imagine their surprise when a man is standing there at baggage claim with a sign saying..Welcome Ford Family to your Cruise Vacation!!! IT WAS A PRICELESS MOMENT, and I was busy snapping those pictures of everyone's faces. Of course, it took the whole drive to Miami for my DH to come to terms with the fact we were actually cruising!!

I just think a limo is a fun way to start the vacation!!! Hope that helps!!

Remember this. If you take a shuttle van from FLL to MIA, ask the dispatcher and/or driver, "Are we going directly to our destination?" If not, you may get a long tour of FLL and/or MIA before you reach your destination. If they say "no, you are not going direct", ask about a later vehicle. "Later", might get you there, "sooner".

Rick and Deirdra

Thanks everyone for the advice!

lvssushi,

Was the $175 round trip? How much less was it for the regular limo?

$175 for the Hummer Limo one way with 1 stop (to run in at a store to pick up drinks). The regular limo was $110 one way and that included the tip. We will be using that regular limo for the return.

Hi,

Went to this website, got multiple quotes. WE went with Elegant Limos, 80 for Towncar, they showed up with SUV, even bigger. Was quick, and efficient. This was this past September 08. We went from FLL to Hyatt Regency which is close to port. Beware taxis are mucho $$$ In Miami, if staying overnight, rent car it is cheaper. also go to homeports Miami thread,

Happy Cruisin,

lance 32:)

$175 for the Hummer Limo one way with 1 stop (to run in at a store to pick up drinks). The regular limo was $110 one way and that included the tip. We will be using that regular limo for the return.

Are they waiting at the port when you want to leave? Which service did you use? Thanks again!

Archived