UK site for teen kids formal wear

rool

This is a public information announcement :D.

We have been hunting high and low and come across a UK site www.uniformwarehouse.co.uk that has boys suits & tuxedo's etc. I'm not sure about girl stuff as we didn't look.

We are going to order a couple tomorrow at around £30 each for our two lads aged 13 and 14 and will report back when we get them to say whether they are any good or not.

Hopefully report back in a week.

At first I thought that it might be a UK division of this...

http://www.uniformalwearhouse.com/

But it looks like it's really uniforms, as that is much more prevalent for schools in the UK.

I look forward to your report back on how it all turns out!

Thanks.

No problem

Eek, I feel blessed that I have been responded to by the style guru of CC :cool: :).

You know I'm going for quantity over quality, right? :D but I'll happily give a full layman's report when I get the stuff in about a weeks time.

No problem

Eek, I feel blessed that I have been responded to by the style guru of CC :cool: :).

You know I'm going for quantity over quality, right? :D but I'll happily give a full layman's report when I get the stuff in about a weeks time.

Yes. I get the quantity over quality thing.;)

Note that I make different recommendations depending on each person's questions and needs...

So, sometimes quantity is just what people need at the time!

I'm always researching and gathering info, so I appreciate hearing personal experiences and reports.

And thanks for the compliment! I'm more than happy to help, if anyone needs it, or just some options to think about...

Good luck!:D

Whilst I have your attention then :D, what is your opinion of the Beckham suit on that site for a 15 year old who doesn't like to stand out in the crowd?.

Probably a bit much?

Thanks

Whilst I have your attention then :D, what is your opinion of the Beckham suit on that site for a 15 year old who doesn't like to stand out in the crowd?.

Probably a bit much?

Thanks

I have to run out for a work meeting right now, but I'll check back and give you my opinions later when I return...;)

It also depends on if it is a more European clientele cruise, or more American (itinerary)...

Hey there!

Okay, so I looked through them...

I definitely would not get the Beckham suit for a 15 year old who does not like to stand out in a crowd!:)

It would be great for a 15 year old who was into certain types of music (Goth, Emo, etc.), but it would stand out.

I would leave out the Vivakis and Mandarins as well...

I would just go for the plain black suit, if he really wants to blend in and look "safe".

It would also be more adaptable for dressing up and down, or putting his own spin on it.

That is your safest bet there.

kingston__60_.jpg

The solid gray suit though, is really hip and cool, and could be good if he likes it and has "not black" hair. I'm talking more Brown hair, dark to medium.

1_larger3.jpg

If his hair is blond at all, then the plain brown suit would be really nice.

2_larger1.jpg

But those are me, just giving my "personal stylist" opinion on it.:cool:

In general, just go for any of those in the regular coat length (not the long coats) 3 button style as they seem to offer there.

The 3 button regular length jackets are a very much younger, European style.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

I'd love to hear back on how it works out, as trying to look at the suits from the pictures - they seem to be pretty nicely made "bespoke-ish" type suits!

Archived