Serenade Cabin Help

FurKids

Booked the Serenade of the Seas for next year and right now we are on deck 8 somewhat mid-ship. We want to move to deck 9 or an aft cabin...any suggestions? Never stayed in an aft cabin, is there anything we should consider before trying to book one?

Thanks.

Nope! Many love the aft cabins, due to the larger balcony. I prefer something more mid-ship--near or on the "hump"---it's convenient to the elevators and stairs (those are some loooooong hallways!) and there's a bit less motion and/or vibration there.

We were on the Serenade a few months ago in a JS toward the aft. We have also sailed on sister Radiance in a D1 aft and love it back there. We were on deck 10 both times.

It is very quiet in that neighborhood, which we prefer.

Since we have cruised quite a bit we have never felt any more motion aft than midship. You know that this is a personal observation. Some feel it more than others anyway.

On the Serenade I did hear music from the deck 5 atrium about 1/3 of the way down the corridor as late as midnight. I do not know if anyone in those cabins could hear the music but I was glad we were so far away.

The aft balconies are wonderful. Anyone standing at the rail on the Windjammer patio will only be able to see a very small portion of the deck 9 balcony. Deck 10 passengers will be able to see about 2 feet of the balcony. This was great for us since everyone in an aft on our Radiance cruise, except the residents of 1600, were in our CC group so there was a great deal of visiting back and forth. We couldn't hear much but we sure could point and exchange friendly gestures.

If you can book an aft I certainly would recommend it and then join your CC sailing on the Meet and Mingle. I'd bet you'll be amongst friends back there before you even sail.

Archived