Beachcomber Inn Galveston

Anyone stayed at the Beachcomber Inn in Galveston recently? Booked for mid April stay before leaving on the Conquest. Reviews I have found on TripAdvisor have been very mixed, but no recent reviews. Help!

Any of the side streets, other than seawall did look pretty iffy to me I have to admit. I personally wouldnt be scared, but yes the side streets looked kinda bad. It was a very overcast ugly day I drove around and also wondered how much was due to Ike.

The Beachcomber isn't in a bad part of town. It's right off the Seawall on 61st Street. I was looking at it as a cheap motel for some of my family who were coming in from out of town, but decided against them because I couldn't get any decent customer service (but, now, having talked to a bunch of other hotels, I realize it's just an island-wide thing). Anyway, I read the same reviews you did, but came to the conclusion that it's probably a decent place as long as you don't need all the bells and whistles. It's further away from the port than most of the other hotels, but not by much.

Archived