Beaches, beaches, beaches......

I don't mean to beat a dead horse, but I'm still not sure about the beaches.......

Magens

Coki

Emerald

Sapphire

Morningstar.......

Gosh, can't decide.

They all seem to be close enough to Havensight, so that isn't an issue.

It's been said they're all nice - so that isn't an issue either.

But, it's important to us to have a source of shade for part of the time.

Which beaches charge money for either umbrellas or chairs?

And which of the above beaches offer parasailing?

THANKS....I've got one more week to get this decision made!

I don't mean to beat a dead horse, but I'm still not sure about the beaches.......

Magens

Coki

Emerald

Sapphire

Morningstar.......

Gosh, can't decide.

They all seem to be close enough to Havensight, so that isn't an issue.

It's been said they're all nice - so that isn't an issue either.

But, it's important to us to have a source of shade for part of the time.

Which beaches charge money for either umbrellas or chairs?

And which of the above beaches offer parasailing?

THANKS....I've got one more week to get this decision made!

All are good choices. :D

All will charge for chairs/umbrellas if they're available. Emerald, Sapphire, and Morningstar belong to beach resorts. Generally chairs at beach resorts are reserved for guests but some places seem to rent them more readily to non-guests than others do. I haven't read any reports where folks encountered issues at Emerald or Sapphire with regard to chair rental. But someone did report encountering a snotty person at Morningstar when they inquired about renting chairs.

Of those beaches you listed, Magen's charges admission. The others do not.

Regarding shade: there's plenty of natural shade at Sapphire and Magen's. At Magen's the shady area was further back from the beach than the shady area at Sapphire was. Shade doesn't appear to be an issue at Emerald based on photos I've seen. Not much shade to speak of at Coki or at Morningstar.

I've seen folks parasailing at both Coki and at Sapphire.

Even though you did not bring up the subject -- if you decide you want to try snorkeling, Coki and Sapphire are your best bets for that.

I have photos from Magen's, Sapphire, Coki, and Morningstar here: http://lrichters.smugmug.com/Travel/162954

We just got back from a stop in St. Thomas and we spent that day at Coki Beach. We got there between 9:30 and 10am and were able to get a spot under a nice shade tree on the opposite end of the beach from Coral World. We had to pay for beach chairs, but I think you'll have to do that any any beach. Coki is nice because it's a smaller beach and its a great place to snorkel (especially if you're a beginner) the water is really calm and there are plenty of fish, coral and sea urchins to see. I didn't see any parasailing the day we were there, but I think it's an option. Also, Coral World is nearby so there's plenty to do - and there are plenty of waiters running up and down the beach so you'll never go hungry or thirsty!

Magen's Bay is truly one of the most beautiful spots on earth. Please don't let the admission charge discourage you from going to this wonderful beach; honestly, we found that because of this there were no locals trying to sell us their wares, braid my hair, or just bother us in general. It was a beautiful, relaxing day ($8.00 each per person each way, in a safari-style open air taxi-bus. Fabulous!!)

Archived