I have a new silver dress... need your help...

traci28

I have several silver dressy outfits, and wear one pair of strappy silver sandals with all of them.

My personal opinion is the shoes should be neutral or close in color to the dress, because a contrasting color brings the eye down to the feet, and not on the body of the woman. I mean, you wear a gorgeous dress like that one (and, it is gorgeous, by the way), you want them looking at YOU, don't you.

I also don't like dark contrasting footwear with light colored clothing, because it makes you look shorter, too. The dark color cuts the silouhette off. JMO.

Not the haircut per say, but getting it styled.

Ah, okay. Well, I'd never spend *any* money on that! :)

Tried it a few times and realized that I do a better job myself.

] Usually I have a set cost in mind before i set out but of course I will fudge for the perfect look. I see the dress as my biggest purchase of the look. That is just where I expect to spend the most money. Maybe it comes from too many years of shopping at payless. I'm not saying that if i find the perfect shoes I won't get them just because of the price. The perfect shoe as we all know is priceless. I would take into consideration the original price not the sale price.

Part of my opinion may come the fact that I cant afford to spend $150 on a dress and then $200 on the shoes. For me $150 would have to buy the dress, shoes, hose, and any accessories that went with it. So for me price can mean the difference between buying or not.

The bottom line however is that you should be happy with what ever you buy and that my opinion is just one of millions.

I guess we have a different way of shopping. Though it appears that I'll spend more than you will on shoes, I too have to shop within a budget. That said, I guess I just never go out to buy it all at once. And I would never buy a pair of shoes that only goes with one outfit....unless, it was some crazy sale like a pair of $300. shoes marked down to $60. and even then, I'm sure I'd find other things to wear them with.

Most of my evening shoes are black, silver, pewter, and gold and go with many of my things, so if I buy a new evening dress, chances are I already own shoes that will work with it.

Archived