Great Digital Camera For Affordable Price

We are going on our cruise in 30 days and hubby wants to upgrade our camera before we go. If you could please show me what a picture from your camera looks like and the name of the camera. Any help in this would be great.

Thanks So Much :)

That is really not going to be much help. A good photographer with a bad camera can take a better photograph then a bad photographer with a good camera.

You would be better off setting a budget and stating what type of photos you want to take, i.e. scenery, family, wildlife, underwater, portraits etc. and asking for opinions and samples though like I said...

Have to agree with compulady...

looking at a picture isn't going to tell you much about the camera or what you might to expect from it. For instance, I would recommend the camera that took these pictures based on how they look:

medium.jpg

medium.jpg

medium.jpg

The problem is that they were taken with a 2MP DimageX 6 or 7 years ago!

As was suggested above, give us a hint as to what your budget and preferences are (small, compact, big zoom, etc.) and we'll do our best to give useful advice.

Dave

We are going on our cruise in 30 days and hubby wants to upgrade our camera before we go. If you could please show me what a picture from your camera looks like and the name of the camera. Any help in this would be great.

Thanks So Much :)

This is a great time to be looking to buy a camera. Be it a cheapie for 129, a fancy compact P&S for 299, or a do all super zoom for 399, or a DSLR from 499-7999 :D

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/Q408budgetgroup/

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/Q408slimgroup/

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/Q408premiumgroup/

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/Q408enthusiastgroup/

DSLR:

http://www.popphoto.com/cameras/5429/dslr-shootout-five-top-cameras-compared.html

As the OP have mentioned the camera is but a tool. Any camera today in the hands of a good photographer can create amazing images.

No question that a better tool makes it easier too!

As we have said in other threads, if you go with any of the name brands you will likely end up with a camera that takes fantastic shots.

Give us an idea of your wants and needs and you will get some great advise.

Again like everyone else said, and once you figure out what you are looking for, you will get some good ideas from everyone, but the best part will be go out and look at the choices. Pick up and play with the cameras see how they feel in your hands, and how it works for you. Even play with the menu and see how things works. If you go to a camera shop they will help you most of the time, and if you go to Best Buy or others, they will pretty much leave you alone to play, so give it a try!

• 2 weeks later...

I am also looking at purchasing a new P&S digital camera. I want to replace my Nikon 5900. I am looking at the new Canon SX200 IS with 12.1 MP, 12X zoom or Canon SD960 IS with 12.1 MP and 4X zoom or Panasonic Lumix TZ5, 9.1 MP and 10X zoom. Any opinions on these or any comparable cameras?

I am also looking at purchasing a new P&S digital camera. I want to replace my Nikon 5900. I am looking at the new Canon SX200 IS with 12.1 MP, 12X zoom or Canon SD960 IS with 12.1 MP and 4X zoom or Panasonic Lumix TZ5, 9.1 MP and 10X zoom. Any opinions on these or any comparable cameras?

All three are good cameras. The SD960 is much smaller and more pocketable, but gives up a lot of zoom. Ignore the megapixels since all three have too many for a compact camera already. Pick the features you like best; size, zoom, LCD screen, etc. and get that one.

None of them will disappoint.

Dave

Thank you, pierces. I value your opinion. After reading these threads, I can see you are very knowledgeable. The SD960 is the one I was leaning toward since the SX200 has not even been released yet and I wo uld like to stick with Canon.

Archived