Intercontinental Hotel or Hilton--Buenos Aires

Seal

Need some advice as to which hotel would be the best to stay for a couple of nights--I understand that the Hilton is about 5 miles out of town--heck--I don't even know if I want in the center of town or out of town--we will have about 1-1/2 days to sight see before leaqving for Santiago and catching the Star Princess

Thanks for your advice in advance

Nancy:D

If the Hilton has a location of the port area, the location is quite lovely. If that is the place it is still an easy walk to the shopping mall and san telmo (15 blocks). Taxis to Recoleto are very inexpensive. It all depends on what you would like your location to be.

The Hilton is NOT 5 miles out of town. It is in the Puerto Madero area. It's the safest part of town with great restaurants, shops, etc. Beautiful walking along the yacht harbor, the Women's Bridge just in front of the hotel. Reasonable walking distance to presidential palace, etc. Plenty of taxis available.

Intercontinental is in the business district. Not as nice as Puerto Madero.

The Intercontinental is a very nice hotel, but I wouldn't walk around the area in the evening. The door man will call you a cab to take you places, and he writes down the cab information and gives you a receipt so that if there's a problem they have a record of the car that took you.

An advantage to staying there, Princess had a desk there. We arrived about noon and were able to book a tour through Princess for the afternoon. When we returned from tour, they allowed us to check-in for the next days cruise. They also arranged for a Tango show for people. Those that did the show with the meal weren't thrilled by the food, but all seemed to enjoy the show.

KC

Agree with the above. Back before I retired our BA office reported to me, so I was down there quite a bit. The IC is boring and it a boring pat of town. The Hilton is a more interesting place in a more interesting area. (Also, one of the bellmen there had a locally famous affair with Madonna and got a bit part in Evita due to this -- the IC can NOT match this.) :)

At any rate, my ex-boss (El Prez) insisted in staying in U.S. chain hotel when down there. He much preferred the Hilton to the other options.

Archived